Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Dream Wear
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 10-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started therapy 2/20/15

Sex: Female
RE: Getting up at night, what do you do?
(04-13-2015 06:19 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:  I'm sorry. I don't understand the aversion to just hitting the button and turning it off when leaving and then hitting it again upon return to turn it on. Am I missing something?

OMMOHY

I don't really have an aversion to turning it off. I didn't know if you COULD. I didn't know if it would screw something up. I'm fairly new to this, so I thought that turning it off would somehow register as... something bad or you know... who knows? (clearer than mud, eh?)

I just figured that you guys could tell me what you did and whether it would mess up my data (like those large leaks aren't right?). Sounds like turning it off (or setting the auto on/off) is the way to go.

Thank you everyone!
04-13-2015 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Sex: Male

You can do pretty much whatever appeals to you.

I personally don't like the auto on/auto off things because I think sometimes the machine can decide to go "auto off," and that's when someone ends up sleeping without their mask 1/2 the night.

I do like simply turning the machine off, then back on. For no other reason than I don't particularly like trying to put my mask on when it's blowing hurricane force winds at me.

....... as to the power outage thingy? Something you might consider is when/if that happens grab up Mr. Blanket and head for your nearest comfy chair to sleep the rest of the night or until the power comes back on. What's that? Hubby wouldn't like waking up with no blanky? Why would that be a problem?
04-13-2015 09:33 PM
kdmorris410 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Dream Wear
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 10-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started therapy 2/20/15

Sex: Female
(04-13-2015 09:33 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  You can do pretty much whatever appeals to you.

I personally don't like the auto on/auto off things because I think sometimes the machine can decide to go "auto off," and that's when someone ends up sleeping without their mask 1/2 the night.

I do like simply turning the machine off, then back on. For no other reason than I don't particularly like trying to put my mask on when it's blowing hurricane force winds at me.

....... as to the power outage thingy? Something you might consider is when/if that happens grab up Mr. Blanket and head for your nearest comfy chair to sleep the rest of the night or until the power comes back on. What's that? Hubby wouldn't like waking up with no blanky? Why would that be a problem?

I tried the auto on/off last night and it was OK. But I think that I'd prefer to turn it off myself, as you said. But no "large leaks" Smile

I have a pillow and a blanket still available should I need to go sleep in the chair. I've been snoring for a long time (and having nighttime panic attacks - which have gone away now) But I kept hoping the power would come back on and apparently fell asleep while hoping Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2015 06:40 AM by kdmorris410.)
04-14-2015 06:38 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,329 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 821 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....??? GrammaBear 3 736 01-28-2016 01:39 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals? worn_out_in_lebanon 19 4,465 03-21-2015 11:11 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  0.0 Events Last Night - Night #7 Sparkle 4 1,792 01-20-2015 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sparkle
  Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night dozydave 2 1,147 01-19-2015 02:46 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Confusing night last night retired_guy 11 3,253 01-16-2015 06:43 PM
Last Post: Eurika