Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting up during the night?
Getting up during the night?
When getting up during the night, say for instance to go to the lil girls room - should I take my mask off & keep the machine running? or is it safe that I turn it off, go to the lil girls room then turn it back on when I come back to bed[/color]? **If this question has been answered please direct me to the post thank you**[color=#9400D3]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting up during the night?
I just turn it off. It's easier and less noisier. The machine might get confused if you just leave it on and show it as a huge leak.

If you don't use a full face mask, there is a feature called "Auto Start" or similar. It detects when you take the mask off then turns itself off. Then it detects when you put it back on and turns itself back on.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 08:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I just turn it off. It's easier and less noisier. The machine might get confused if you just leave it on and show it as a huge leak.

If you don't use a full face mask, there is a feature called "Auto Start" or similar. It detects when you take the mask off then turns itself off. Then it detects when you put it back on and turns itself back on.

PaulaO2 -- Why would one not use autostart with a FFM?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought the auto start feature was activated on my device PaulaO2, but seems as though when I take my mask off the machine continues to run. How can I activate that feature?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the world of CPAP.
I just turn the machine off and then start her up again. No problems.
Good luck...
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
JustMongo: It has something to do with their valve system.

mstiff: It's called Smart Start, actually, now that I have looked it up. If it is not on your main screen under Settings, it is in the Clinicians Menu under Options. Do you have the Clinician's manual? You can get it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Scroll about halfway down the page to Section Two. Then find your machine.

That manual will tell you how to get into the Clinician's menu. If you want to know right now, let us know and we'll talk you through it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not a fan of the "smart start" I did use it on my old machine, but I would rather just push the button to stop and again to start. No leaks show up just a sliver or more in time blank on the data. I guess whatever floats your boat.
Good Luck
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 08:23 PM)justMongo Wrote: Why would one not use autostart with a FFM?
It was not available when the S9 first came out but later models you can use SmartStart with full face masks
The only thing might not work at pressure below 7 cmh2o using nasal pillows

Post Reply Post Reply
I just shut it down and restart it when I get back. No problem that way. Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 05:39 AM)Shastzi Wrote: I just shut it down and restart it when I get back. No problem that way. Smile
Me too. What's so hard about that? I like to push my own buttons.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,234 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,201 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.