Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting used to ASV pulses
Getting used to ASV pulses
Six nights so far on the ASV machine (my first apnea solution) and I find that the pulses I get in the night are waking me up, and I take them as a reminder that I need to breathe. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work. My settings are pretty mild, I think. But I still wake up a lot.
How long did it take you to get used to the big ones? So you could just sleep through them all?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting used to ASV pulses
The machine is giving you the pressure pulses to get you to breathe, you know that. The machine is doing it's job. If you could download sleepyhead and post some charts, you will get better advice.

Welcome to Apnea Board!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2018, 09:52 AM)b.e.wilson Wrote: Six nights so far on the ASV machine (my first apnea solution) and I find that the pulses I get in the night are waking me up, and I take them as a reminder that I need to breathe. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work. My settings are pretty mild, I think. But I still wake up a lot.
How long did it take you to get used to the big ones? So you could just sleep through them all?

To answer your questions better, some people get used to therapy faster than others. Alot of times it's longer than 6 days. Getting started is a big step. By getting more information from you, we can give you optimized settings to better suit your needs. Everyone is different. The goal is to get good sleep every single night.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips System One BiPAP auto SV will work with Sleepyhead, but not the newer Dreamstations. You have to get a copy of the EncorePro2.21a program from the Member Private Files area. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

If you can get some data, you can post the charts from either Sleepyhead or Encore. Encore produces reports in PDF, and it is a bit more of a challenge.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me about 2 months to get acclimated to ASV therapy with a Resmed S9 to the point where I felt that the pressure changes weren't waking me up all the time. A long a difficult road.
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Here's to hoping you get your ASV machine tweaked properly. FWIW my ResMed ASV may do a pressure spike occasionally. As far as I know I don't get, or at least notice, anything like your pressure pulses. Unless these are the same thing, or I may get them while sleeping. And the more mine gets used, the better my therapy results become. Makes the fight to get this thing all the more worth it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a report ready, but it's 12 MB so I need to use my own server to host it.And I need to make this post so it will allow the link.
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
*shrug* Still can't post a link. I'll try this: http://kf7k.com/sleep/WaveFormReport01.pdf (12 MB PDF)
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to download your report. Hang in there for some advice on what's next.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
You aren't experiencing central apnea events which means you can stand to raise your min EPAP. I recommend a setting of min EPAP 8. You are experiencing many hypopnea so the machine is giving you pressure pulses to induce breathing. By raising min EPAP you will help your hypopnea.
Adjust your min pressure support to 2 and max pressure support to 10. This will narrow the machine settings so the pressure pulses arent so aggressive and the 2 cmh2o is comfortable while not significantly increasing risk of centrals.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clear airway pulses Jessher 3 582 01-20-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Something went very wrong early morning - kept feeling pressure pulses waking me up MyronH 9 2,044 06-27-2018, 11:02 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Dream Station ASV - why doesn't it count BiPAP pulses? problemchild 12 2,382 04-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Last Post: scroydon
  Pressure pulses MitchS 8 4,176 07-31-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: jonathan richardson
  Can the CA pulses be confused as heart palpitations? Rcgop 7 1,958 04-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Disconcerting pressure pulses between breaths on Dreamstation Pro Johnbrooking 23 5,019 01-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Johnbrooking
Gross [Pressure] Pressure pulses driving me insane blannan 4 4,266 09-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Want2SleepInMT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.