Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting used to therapy?
Getting used to therapy?
So I have just started CPAP and the first night was awful I looked at the settings and noticed it is set on ramp 20 minutes with an EPR of 3 but only on ramp. I don't fall asleep for awhile and I feel like the Ramp didn't help should I raise the ramp or set it to auto? The pressure after the 20 minutes felt difficult to breathe out against and that made it even more difficult to sleep. I have a pressure of 9 and I know that's not much pressure. Maybe I just need to get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting used to therapy?
Hello ttrani01,

You need to download Oscar and post a chart for the experts to give good advice.

Try this for a basic start .

Min 7. Max 20, EPR 2 , ramp off. This will give you a minimum pressure with the ability for EPR to work.

But please download Oscar. It’s the best way to dial this In instead of guessing.

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting used to therapy?
Okay I'll do that. I only slept maybe 30 minutes the first night lol hopefully as I get used to it tonight and the next couple I can sleep longer and then post my data here. They did a titration study in the lab and put me on a static pressure of 9 so I'm going to stick with that for now and see how that does but yeah hopefully in a few nights I'll sleep longer than an hour
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 80 1,855 Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 30 650 Yesterday, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  Therapy Beginner Help papercupprincess 7 207 Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 423 04-27-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 504 04-27-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,889 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 96 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.