Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Other SA software?
Other SA software?
My Windows computer died and I don't want another. I have a Generation 2 I-Pad and love it but... I can't use Sleepyhead Software with it. I noticed there are three Sleep Apnea programs (should I say small but errr inexpensive) available through Apple. They are:
U Sleep Mobile
Do I Snore? and
Bio Sleep
Maybe there are more through other sources.

Has anyone used others that might work with my Apple I-Pad?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Other SA software?
There aren't any. None of them really work other than take a very wild guess based on sound and limited vibration sensing.

If you are wanting to get the data from your machine and view it, a computer is the only way to go. I think ResMed has an online viewing but it is limited and rather useless since it is more about compliance than actual data.

You can also view the data on the screen, writing it down. You can use a spreadsheet on your iPad to keep track of it manually.

Your only other solution for complete data viewing, that I can think of right now, is to go to a friend's house once a week and use their computer.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The only way to get the data currently is from the SD card. There is non SD card slot in any iDevice. Therefore there is no way to access the data.
There are some folks experimenting with wifi, Bluetooth and cellular data collection, but none are ready for prime time and there is no iSoftware to display the info on an iDevice yet.
The experiments are simply accessing the data from a computer without moving the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2014, 03:45 PM)bwexler Wrote: The only way to get the data currently is from the SD card. There is non SD card slot in any iDevice. Therefore there is no way to access the data.
There are some folks experimenting with wifi, Bluetooth and cellular data collection, but none are ready for prime time and there is no iSoftware to display the info on an iDevice yet.
The experiments are simply accessing the data from a computer without moving the SD card.

So after reading that I have a simple question... Why not put a microsd card in an sdcard adapter then put that in the machine and when removed take the microsd and put it in the phone? That would solve the issue of moving the card and or the data.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
The big problem is getting a good CPAP analysis program that runs on your tablet. There's probably a way to get around the SD card problem somehow.

I don't know if/when jedimark has any plans to eventually port SH to tablets.

Realize that there are only two good CPAP data display programs for any CPAP machine. SleepyHead and the manufacturer's program. The manufacturers don't seem to be that interested in anything but windows for the real analysis programs, only the flashy cloud-based/subscription based dummyware programs that only show you limited data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2014, 08:23 PM)archangle Wrote: The big problem is getting a good CPAP analysis program that runs on your tablet. There's probably a way to get around the SD card problem somehow.

I don't know if/when jedimark has any plans to eventually port SH to tablets.

Realize that there are only two good CPAP data display programs for any CPAP machine. SleepyHead and the manufacturer's program. The manufacturers don't seem to be that interested in anything but windows for the real analysis programs, only the flashy cloud-based/subscription based dummyware programs that only show you limited data.

Oh I thought the issue was the card from the post above. And getting around that seems extremely easy.

I also wondered why they don't just run an on line version so people could just upload the data see the report and get it printed or emailed, no keeping of data would be needed you could keep your data locally and just use the software remotely.

Just my 3 cents, 2 plus a bonus lost penny. For whatever it is worth.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,126 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 587 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,082 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 645 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,199 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.