Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting worse - The Great Nap of Mutiny
RE: Getting worse - The Great Nap of Mutiny
(09-08-2014, 08:05 PM)retired_guy Wrote: So the question is: should it be set on CPAP, or BiPap, or Auto BiPap.......... .......and the answer is "Yes."

EXACTLY! Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
And this just proves that though you can treat or cure some things like sleep apnea, stupid is forever, and there is no cure.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I decided to set the machine according to what APPEARS to be my RX. I left the machine on auto, set the Max IPAP to 9 and the Minimum EPAP to 4. Then I slept...

[Image: 9-8night.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks like a lot of events but the numbers look good overall as everyone always says under 5 is the standard. But I'm sure someone with more knowldge than I will be around shortly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the events look crazy. However, when I looked at the flow the events aren't all significant. It says I snored a bunch, but my wife says that I am not a heavy snorer. The funny thing is that I am sleepy today but not exhausted if that makes sense. It is like my body wants to fall asleep, but my mind is clearer and I don't have that normal "I've been hit by a truck" feeling. Again, the good may be placebo. However, the clear mind is what's important to me at this point. I get super grumpy and impatient when I am both tired and cloudy in the head. My family deserves better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I know what you mean about how you feel. I get that way and feel that way as well, and hear it from my wife when I am not sleeping well. And I feel as you say when I am clear headed too. A lot of people say that it is very much about how you feel, just as about the data numbers.

Though really those numbers look good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job LJ! Those number look great! Now, just leave everything alone for a few days and see what happens. Then you can start futzing with them a little more and see if you can clean up some of the lesser of importance thingies. I'm thinking if you take the min up to 5 that might smooth out the flow limit a bit. But probably just do nothing for a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dr's office just confirmed that the machine had been setup wrong. The way I have it setup now is the original Rx. I just wonder how many people are out there with the wrong settings because of a mis-communication between the Dr and Med Supply people...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2014, 12:43 PM)LJones Wrote: Dr's office just confirmed that the machine had been setup wrong. The way I have it setup now is the original Rx. I just wonder how many people are out there with the wrong settings because of a mis-communication between the Dr and Med Supply people...

At least 1- You have a machine that records data. 2- You are looking at it. Now imagine how many people there are like me, who were issued a brick, that records nada, and had nothing to look at. If it wasn't for this forum, and my buying a machine who would know? More who would care? Could have taken months to sort your issue out if you had a non recording brick. It is a damned shame. All for what $50? On $3k of profits?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2014, 07:21 AM)LJones Wrote: So, I decided to set the machine according to what APPEARS to be my RX. I left the machine on auto, set the Max IPAP to 9 and the Minimum EPAP to 4. Then I slept...

[Image: 9-8night.jpg]

You should check with your doc.

You still have all sorts of stuff that should clean up nicely with a little more pressure, except that the machine is at it's upper limit most of the time.

You're doing pretty good, but there's no reason to settle unless you can't make it any better.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,996 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.