Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting worse..
Getting worse..
I think things are getting worse for me. My data looks horrible. I woke up around 5:00AM and laid there a bit but fell back asleep for a while I think afterwards.

I dont know if the Dreamware mask is better for me than the P10. Still have that one too. Regardless, I feel like crap. Slight headache. Feel like a zombie. Dammit.

Mark
[attachment=2000]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting worse..
If you were awake at 05:00, they you can disregard all that clutter after 05:00.
An AHI above 5 is less than optimal; but your apneas are dominated by hypoapnea.

I believe how you feel lies in the other maladies.
And, if tapering off some meds, then your receptors in the brain have to upregulate.
That takes time; and can make you feel like crap.

Build a fire under your cardio doc's butt; get a full rock 'n roll cardio workup from him/her.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that the pressure changes are disturbing you. Have you tried a straight pressure? I have a problem with variable pressure and setting it to a single value greatly improved how I feel. This is just a WAG but since your 50% is 8.7cm, it'd set the pressure at 9 and give her a try. If nothing else, this would give you a proof of concept.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even disregarding the cluster after 5 am, you had a lot of RERA's - if SH is accurate and those are in fact respiratory effort related arousals, you could be fighting against the exhalation pressure - have you moved up the EPR to 3 yet? I know you were talking about that. Might help. If it doesn't, you might want to investigate other options... RERA's could indicate things like a deviated septum, or other restriction of the airway. OR it could be related to your anxiety - nocturnal panic attacks are a thing, and between the anxiety that you mentioned, and coping with this new and invasive CPAP stuff, it's not a big stretch.

I've no idea how to approach a solution if it's the latter, other than time - getting used to all this stuff is probably the best solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I share your experience of everything is going fine and then bam a step back. For me it was just the next CPAP "issue" coming to the forefront after I got the last one solved. I had to get the apnea's under control (which happened fast) and then all of the CPAP stuff that just bugged me enough to interrupt my sleep. If someone is poking you in the side during your sleep you may not notice that someone else is pinching your toe.

I personally had a major issue with exhaling into pressure and finally had to get a BiLevel machine to deal with it. I also had no choice but using a FFM because the nose only ones exacerbated this problem. Really wish I could use them, but no not for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2015, 11:57 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It appears that the pressure changes are disturbing you. Have you tried a straight pressure? I have a problem with variable pressure and setting it to a single value greatly improved how I feel. This is just a WAG but since your 50% is 8.7cm, it'd set the pressure at 9 and give her a try. If nothing else, this would give you a proof of concept.
That sounds like a good idea to try. I set my machine to CPAP at 9.0 for tonight and im going back to the P10 mask for tonight too.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2015, 12:19 PM)CHanlon Wrote: Even disregarding the cluster after 5 am, you had a lot of RERA's - if SH is accurate and those are in fact respiratory effort related arousals, you could be fighting against the exhalation pressure - have you moved up the EPR to 3 yet? I know you were talking about that. Might help. If it doesn't, you might want to investigate other options... RERA's could indicate things like a deviated septum, or other restriction of the airway. OR it could be related to your anxiety - nocturnal panic attacks are a thing, and between the anxiety that you mentioned, and coping with this new and invasive CPAP stuff, it's not a big stretch.

I've no idea how to approach a solution if it's the latter, other than time - getting used to all this stuff is probably the best solution.
I've been on Cflex 3 for quite some time now. I still have the anxiety and the desats when trying to fall asleep on my own. The 1/2 Ambien gets me over the hump.

My cardio gets back to the office Monday. Im gonna try and see him then. I could need another stent or two the way im feeling..

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2015, 11:51 AM)justMongo Wrote: If you were awake at 05:00, they you can disregard all that clutter after 05:00.
An AHI above 5 is less than optimal; but your apneas are dominated by hypoapnea.

I believe how you feel lies in the other maladies.
And, if tapering off some meds, then your receptors in the brain have to upregulate.
That takes time; and can make you feel like crap.

Build a fire under your cardio doc's butt; get a full rock 'n roll cardio workup from him/her.
Mongo, I set my machine for straight CPAP at 9 as another good soul suggested. And Im going back to my P10 mask for tonight also. My cardio comes back to the office Monday so Im gonna try to get in and see him. A fire it shall be.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
Raising your min is good cuz 7 is too low.
Going straight pressure I think is a mistake at 9 because its to low to handle you.
I would go 9 min 13 max on auto.
You make more headway raising min rather than max when clearing OA and hypops.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to disagree with Crimson "Red" Nape.
IMHO: Ghost has the better solution.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,996 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.