Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting worse..
RE: Getting worse..
(12-29-2015, 10:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Mark, one of the criteria for qualifying for bilevel is a failure at CPAP. That can be compliance or efficacy. You really need to alert the pulmonologist to your unusual sleep breathing pattern with inhale/exhale time of 3:1 and the really ragged inhalation. These are symptoms that do respond well to bilevel, and perhaps ASV. I never associated your respiratory issues with the cardio issues, but you show a lot of indications of upper airway resistance or flow limitation. Your doctor is best equipped to figure this out and get you on-track with the sleep therapy you need. Please consider taking in some printouts of the flow rate charts for him to see. Ideal would be to use EncoreBasic waveform printouts.
cant do much of anything till the 4th of Jan when i see the new dr. I cant get in to my current one till Feb of next year. Im kinda stuck. I will take printouts then. I saw him years ago so im still in his system.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
That's plenty soon enough. You've been working hard to make CPAP work for you, and it's too bad you're not feeling more effective relief. Good luck and have a great new year.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2015, 09:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That's plenty soon enough. You've been working hard to make CPAP work for you, and it's too bad you're not feeling more effective relief. Good luck and have a great new year.
Thank you, Sleeprider, and the same wishes to you and yours! I slept last night without the machine, wearing a shirt with a ball in the back. Fell asleep without 1/2 an Ambien which tells me the rushes are were anxiety related. Woke up every couple hours but the wake ups were right after a dreaming session. I have an iphone app (MotionX 24/7) which monitors my sleep movements, sounds etc. It recorded one instance of me lightly snoring, the rest was me accommodating the cat who came to me a few times during the night. I was on my side or tummy all night, no supine.

I think I can live like this till I see the pulmo on 1/4. Oh, my oximeter was all over the place but i think that was because of my different positioning and moving my hand a lot.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
That reminds me of another thing to bring up at your appointment. You have incredibly high position related apnea events (supine), and do well as long as you stay off your back. That positional obstructive apnea is not apparently treatable with CPAP pressure that you can tolerate. You might want to take along one of the old graphs that illustrate the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 332 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,997 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.