Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ghost Computer Drives
My wife's Dell computer running Windows 7 Home Premium shows about 4 drives that are not there. They look like they are USB drives that did not disappear when the object was no longer there although we have not plugged any drives in.

My question is: How do I get rid of these indications? I have tried a number of things but to no avail.

At one time I was very up on the latest in the digital world but that was a number of years ago and I have not kept up. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
These are most likely memory card readers (such as SDCARD, CompactFlash) built into the computer box (or sometimes the screen). They get assigned a drive letter.

If you want them to disappear, you can use DISK MANAGEMENT and set them to “assign no drive letter").

Try this:
1. Right-click on the desktop MY COMPUTER icon
2. select MANAGE
3. in the list, double-click DISK MANAGEMENT
4. In the list that appears on the right pane, RIGHT-click the item you don’t want and select CHANGE DRIVE LETTER. Then, select ASSIGN NO LETTER
5. repeat as needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2015, 02:48 PM)eplantz Wrote: These are most likely memory card readers (such as SDCARD, CompactFlash) built into the computer box (or sometimes the screen). They get assigned a drive letter.
Agreed
I'd bet money on that.
This Veteran is medicated for your protection.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you very much for the info. You guys are absolutely correct, they are built in memory card readers. Was not even aware that we had them.

Thank you very much for the info. I had to fumble around a little but got it sorted out. Thanks again.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Win 7 indexing usb drives justMongo 5 421 02-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Gross Sudden computer shutdown DeepBreathing 26 1,589 11-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Computer Monitor Linearity surferdude2 6 662 10-31-2016, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Need computer help......... GrammaBear 33 2,640 01-14-2016, 03:54 PM