Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Giving up after 6 long weeks
RE: Giving up after 6 long weeks
I'm new to the board (lurker for awhile) and new to CPAP but your post made me register! I'm not sure how severe your apnea is but where I live they pull your drivers license if you refuse treatment.

"The sleep apnea sufferer died quietly in his sleep, his three passengers and the innocent people in the other vehicle died screaming."

Don't quit, keep trying. We all know this is hard. You are taking years off your life if you don't get treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Giving up after 6 long weeks
Have you considered the dental piece instead? I am glad I adjusted in a few days and have used my machines ( owned two different ones now) every night and n aps ever since. I don't always feel greata nd most mornings my first thought is I am going back to bed as soon as I get back home. By that time, I am awake and living my life and going through the day. I do nap some days but I know without my machine I would be dead or wish I was and very very tired all the time. The first person who ever told me about sleep apnea has a dental piece. I went for the machine after my sleep study. There are even cheap dental pieces I have seen on tv. I suggest a dentist. Do something to keep that air and oxygen you need. Please don't sleep without some aide. Do you really know how dangerous it is to go without? Insist you DME help you until you get it right. Please don't give up ever.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 322 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,504 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 375 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.