Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: Hi5 Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Giving up after 6 long weeks
I'm new to the board (lurker for awhile) and new to CPAP but your post made me register! I'm not sure how severe your apnea is but where I live they pull your drivers license if you refuse treatment.

"The sleep apnea sufferer died quietly in his sleep, his three passengers and the innocent people in the other vehicle died screaming."

Don't quit, keep trying. We all know this is hard. You are taking years off your life if you don't get treatment.
09-22-2012 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Giving up after 6 long weeks
Have you considered the dental piece instead? I am glad I adjusted in a few days and have used my machines ( owned two different ones now) every night and n aps ever since. I don't always feel greata nd most mornings my first thought is I am going back to bed as soon as I get back home. By that time, I am awake and living my life and going through the day. I do nap some days but I know without my machine I would be dead or wish I was and very very tired all the time. The first person who ever told me about sleep apnea has a dental piece. I went for the machine after my sleep study. There are even cheap dental pieces I have seen on tv. I suggest a dentist. Do something to keep that air and oxygen you need. Please don't sleep without some aide. Do you really know how dangerous it is to go without? Insist you DME help you until you get it right. Please don't give up ever.
09-29-2012 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long time CPAP user now with a problem PrkChps 5 206 12-07-2016 09:07 PM
Last Post: PrkChps
  Does long term humidifier use affect lungs? Russatrice 11 497 12-06-2016 06:27 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
Surprised Two weeks now, started ripping my mask off daniemmdee 6 462 10-27-2016 01:04 PM
Last Post: daniemmdee
  Help - Trying CPAP for over 8 weeks now stephennic 17 1,292 10-23-2016 09:50 PM
Last Post: murray s
  Two Long Weeks EnigmaGrey 20 937 10-12-2016 12:39 PM
Last Post: EnigmaGrey
  6 Weeks in and things are changing. Tassie tone 5 518 09-08-2016 07:39 PM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  How long until changes in blood tests or medications? NorthernGuy 11 775 09-04-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait