Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gogirl - Sleep Apnea Thread
RE: Which machine
I keep hearing that I must show that I'm using the machine for insurance to continue to pay. I have used it every day since I got it, but since I only sleep 2-4 hours, I'm now getting warnings about non-compliance.

Also, with limited support in solving my sleep problem, perhaps I need to find another route anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
What kind of help do you need to solve your issues? 
The experts here can offer tons of helpful advice. You can start your own thread and ask some questions to get started.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my results
Cpap usually helps O2. I would suggest you get an inexpensive oxygen monitoring device (around 100$ ). And see how you are doing with Cpap.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I went from a Dreamstation to an AS-10 loaner.
Loved the AS-10.
My replacement DS2 came, but was very noisy. Back to the AS-10.
A second DS2 arrived, and although its much quieter than the bad DS2, its still noisier than the AS-10.

Once my 5 years is up and I qualify for a replacement, Im going back to Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
To OP - Here in the SF Bay Area, the Kaiser sleep clinic will provide you with the machine you need. There is no discussion to be had. ResMed seems to be the machine of choice, so I would not worry about Phillips, Luna, etc. If you believe there is a strong medical necessity for a bilevel machine, the onus is on YOU to make that argument based on data not gut.

In my case, they loaned me an AS10 AutoSet for the overnight sleep study at home using WatchPat. Then when I went in for the follow up appointment, an AS10 AutoSet was not offered as a loaner or a rental but only as a straight up purchase. Very easy transaction. You pay whatever copay your plan requires. There are different "flavors" of Kaiser coverage. Check your paperwork.

Kaiser seems to work differently in different geographical divisions so what happens here may not be same as your experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my results
@GoGirl - The experts will appreciate having all your stuff in one thread; that way they can have an overall look at your situations without having to sort through multiple threads you started. Just a kind word of advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gogirl - Sleep Apnea Thread
Gogirl - Thanks to clownbell for pointing out that all your previous threads ultimately deal with your sleep apnea, I have merged them and renamed your thread, Gogirl - Sleep Apnea Thread. This will provide the reader a better reference of your diagnosis and treatment history. Please use this thread for all your treatment concerns.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First thing:

Your Name appears in your report
Post Reply Post Reply
I k ow my name appears. I tried to delete attachment and can’t get it to delete. Help
Post Reply Post Reply
Gogirl  -  I deleted what I could from your first post.  You will need to go to your UserCP ⇾ Manage Attachments and delete this image.  I have provided a quick link to this section, so you can do this.

QUICK LINK:  UserCP ⇾ Manage Attachments

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,508 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 571 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 817 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,370 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 231 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,770 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.