Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question one n30i cushion
RE: Question one n30i cushion
I have an N30i and a P30i mask....one of each.

The N30i wasn't helpful.

The P30i has become more and more helpful. (I wore a Breeze nasal pillows mask for 5 years when I first started. It worked. Back then the only help? i had was the Sleep Doc from -ell. he required me to change I was judged to be compliant by him for those years. ) Now in Oscar days I can check how i'm doing. Sort of....

I bought the P30i fit kit and got standards size headgear and 3 inserts. Worked well for me....

Have you considered getting a nasal pillows P30i?

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
My experience with the N30i was the small pinched one nostril, the medium leaked like a sieve but the small-wide (SW) worked brilliantly. The fit pack I received had all 3 cushions and I never in a million years would have expected the SW to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you feeling thr exhalation issue that many have mentioned?
Post Reply Post Reply
No…I’ve no felt that at all especially after changing cushion size. My pressure is 6.6 and EPR is 0.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting to read that others are having issues with the N30i nasal mask. I also have had times that I wake up and it is difficult to breathe out on the exhale.

Just started using the N30i mask mid July. I had been using the PR Dreamwear nasal mask, which is very similar style mask and never had an issue breathing.

I will wake up in the middle of the night and it is hard to breathe. My AHI has been higher using this mask. These are things I have tried that didn't really help much.

1. I have taken the mask off for a few minutes and put back on and gone back to sleep.
2. I have tried raising the humidity on my DS2 thinking I needed more humidity.
3. Changed the mask setting on my DS2 from x1 to off. But that was not good, switched it back 20 minutes later to x1. (X1   is the mask setting for a nasal mask on PR machine.)

But reading the issues that others have maybe CO2 is an issue?

Probably had this problem a half a dozen times or more within the last 3 weeks. 8/4 was the worst night, I got a bunch of CA and OA and my AHI was 3.7 high for me.
I finally switched back to my Dreamwear last night 8/5 and had no problems breathing, AHI 0.9. Here are a couple OSCAR charts from the last two nights. 8/4 used the N30i, 8/5 used the Dreamwear, all settings, pressure, humidity are the same on both nights.

Any other ideas to try?

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not an expert, but you appear to have a lot of leaking happening. And your pressure goes up and down quite a bit. And this appears the same regardless of the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Yes, trying to improve my leaks. ( I think PR machines report leakage differently, I think I read that they include the vented leakage in the number, but I am still learning.) Really appreciate  all the great feedback on these issues. I didn’t ever try the old N30i nasal cushion, sounds like it  vents.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am just trying the n30i
Old cushion- it does vent quite a lot! I was not sure at first if i had a big leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply. Well, I think I am giving up on the N30i, I probably wouldn’t be able to get the old style cushions from my DME. So I will go back to using the Dreamwear nasal cushion mask, luckily I have a good supply of extra cushions until I need to reorder. I like the hose configuration on top of the head.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen some of the old style N30i cushions on eBay from time to time. Worth a peek! ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 383 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.