Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going "Rogue" - Buying a CPAP Machine on Amazon
RE: Going "Rogue" - Buying a CPAP Machine on Amazon
Just post your data, add a space so it's just text and we will figure it out. ( we do let new users sneak in and post data.) The 4 post limit is to stop spammers from posting little blue pill commercials if you know what I mean.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, here is my data from last night

http://www.imgur.com/a/RmX3x
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a bad first night, but we're going to need to put more than 1.5 hours back to back.  Your settings are 25/6 over PS 4-8, and your average pressure was 16.8/12 (PS 4.8).  Events are mostly obstructive with almost no CA, which is pretty good news.  I think the next step is just to increase EPAP min to 10 cm.  EPAP is what treats obstructive apnea, and it appears you need to start a  bit higher to stabilize your airway.  Your pressure support appears to be okay as long as you're not being over-stimulated by the difference in IPAP and EPAP pressure.  Limiting PS to a range of 4-6 might be more comfortable.   I think it would help to hear your impressions of using the machine and what was disruptive to your sleep.

[Image: iwsEYq9.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! That was my 5th or 6th night. It's been almost a week now.

My main impression is that I sometimes feel like I'm suffocating, when the pressure's really high. Like all that air blowing in my face, I can't breathe. Also, I often feel like I stop breathing just at the point of drifting off to sleep, and I wake back up. But I don't remember feeling that way last night, so maybe I'm getting better.
Here's my graph for last night:
http://www.imgur.com/a/lS1KK
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pbwebb, here is your most recent result. I'm going to stick with my recommendation to raise the EPAP min pressure, but I'm going to suggest 9.0. Let's set PSmin at 3.0 and PS max at 4.0 and set the Max IPAP at 16.0. We need to make this comfortable to get the hours in, and your results should also improve with the higher EPAP. I think you will find this considerably better.

[Image: BxnUhGR.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,528 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.