Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going "Rogue" - Buying a CPAP Machine on Amazon
Just post your data, add a space so it's just text and we will figure it out. ( we do let new users sneak in and post data.) The 4 post limit is to stop spammers from posting little blue pill commercials if you know what I mean.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, here is my data from last night

http://www.imgur.com/a/RmX3x
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a bad first night, but we're going to need to put more than 1.5 hours back to back.  Your settings are 25/6 over PS 4-8, and your average pressure was 16.8/12 (PS 4.8).  Events are mostly obstructive with almost no CA, which is pretty good news.  I think the next step is just to increase EPAP min to 10 cm.  EPAP is what treats obstructive apnea, and it appears you need to start a  bit higher to stabilize your airway.  Your pressure support appears to be okay as long as you're not being over-stimulated by the difference in IPAP and EPAP pressure.  Limiting PS to a range of 4-6 might be more comfortable.   I think it would help to hear your impressions of using the machine and what was disruptive to your sleep.

[Image: iwsEYq9.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks! That was my 5th or 6th night. It's been almost a week now.

My main impression is that I sometimes feel like I'm suffocating, when the pressure's really high. Like all that air blowing in my face, I can't breathe. Also, I often feel like I stop breathing just at the point of drifting off to sleep, and I wake back up. But I don't remember feeling that way last night, so maybe I'm getting better.
Here's my graph for last night:
http://www.imgur.com/a/lS1KK
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pbwebb, here is your most recent result. I'm going to stick with my recommendation to raise the EPAP min pressure, but I'm going to suggest 9.0. Let's set PSmin at 3.0 and PS max at 4.0 and set the Max IPAP at 16.0. We need to make this comfortable to get the hours in, and your results should also improve with the higher EPAP. I think you will find this considerably better.

[Image: BxnUhGR.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help repairing Cpap machine plague 9 413 08-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 28 17,034 08-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Kaiser Permanete CPAP machine and masks mgreene111 4 218 07-26-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Can CPAP machine cause sinus or inner ear infection? During daily regular use. ran-man 4 375 07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  FMCSA Cpap Machine Compliance Bridgewater2010 4 273 07-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  aromatherapy oils in cpap machine somnia16 11 4,453 07-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] The Risks of Buying from an online supplier justMongo 5 302 07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: justMongo