Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going from Dreamwear to full face mask
Going from Dreamwear to full face mask
Hi - I'm brand new to this world!

I started with a Dreamwear nasal mask with pretty good results (AHI 1 or 2) but I have allergy issues and after a couple of nights of having a completely clogged nose I changed to a full face mask.  My AHI has been trending at 4 or 5 - and I feel as if there is not much pressure coming through the mask as compared to before.

Is the pressure "experience" different between a nasal mask and a full face (my prescribed pressure is 7.)

I'm working at getting the sleepyhead software set up to get some more detailed data - but I figured I'd say hi and check in.

Thanks, everyone!

Cathyann
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going from Dreamwear to full face mask
Generally, a full face mask will require a slightly higher pressure.  Try raising your pressure by
.5 until you see and feel a difference.

Also, there is a setting on your machine that should be changed from nasal to full face.
Do you have the clinicians manual for your machine?  Get it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had already changed the "nasal" setting to full-face.  I'll try adjusting the pressure - thanks!
CA
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cathyann,

I went through a very similar experience just a few weeks ago. Here's the thread that I posted about it: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-face-mask

I went back to using the Dreamwear because I fixed the leak issues (which was the reason I tried a FFM) but while I was using the Amara View FFM, slightly higher pressures helped. What helped a lot appeared to be sleeping on my side. With both masks, sleeping on my side yielded better results (in terms of the AHI) but the difference (between sleeping on my back vs. side) seemed to much more marked for the FFM.

All the best in getting it figured it out!

Vas
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cathyann,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask is the hardest part of this therapy, so it’s good to hear that you are trying different ones ‘till you find what works for you.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 244 4 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 166 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 103 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 137 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 664 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,057 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.