Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going from Wisp to Airfit P10
Going from Wisp to Airfit P10
I am getting a weird rash/dry patch/irritation on my face from the Wisp. I've ensured that I clean it daily, use vinegar on it (diluted) at least once a week and that it's not too tight. It's possible that it's just because it's summer as I didn't get this the first 3 months I had the cpap (I got it in Feb).

After 6 months, I'm allowed to get a whole new mask, so I've decided to try the Airfit nasal pillows. They will send that out on August 20th. I go to see the dermatologist on the 24th, for what it's worth. I have 30 days after I get the P10 to send it back if I hate it.

So, what are some of the things I should be aware of. Will my pressure needs change? Should I set it back to 4-20 (that's what my doc put it at) instead of 9.6-20, which is where it is at now?

If anyone has moved from the Wisp to the P10 - what did you notice that was better? What was worse?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going from Wisp to Airfit P10
I used a WISP for about a year. Then, had troubles with abrasions on the bridge of my nose, more leaks than before, etc. I switched to the P10. I changed the settings in the machine from NASAL to PILLOWS.

At first the headband strap seems ridiculous ….. no adjustment, not very tight , etc. It does feel very comfortable, tho, and is much quieter.

The band does work and I use it 100% of the time.

As with all pillows, you may need to lube your nose to minimize abrasions. I use a dab of lanolin each night which I think also helps make a better seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never used anything but the p10 and love it. If the strap is to tight stretch it out...I find the looser it feels the better it seals and feels....I would not change your pressures...try it with the current settings and if you feel it's to high turn the starting pressure down...but I wound not go below 5...good luck with your treatment
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with a Wisp nasal mask thinking I'd hate pillows jammed up my nose. I always had leak and dislodging problems from a buildup of facial oils halfway through the night. After reading posts from the P10 bigots here, I bought the P10 on with my own money after a couple months with the Wisp. I've never looked back. For me, everything about the P10 is superior to the Wisp. It's very unobtrusive. I can sleep on my stomach without dislodging anything. It interworks perfectly with reading glasses. I almost never have leak issues. I sleep better.

You have to go into the clinician menu on your AirSense A10 and change the mask type to pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2015, 08:57 PM)kdmorris410 Wrote: So, what are some of the things I should be aware of. Will my pressure needs change? Should I set it back to 4-20 (that's what my doc put it at) instead of 9.6-20, which is where it is at now?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

You should be able to tell from the Sleepyhead graphs without any prior range changes, whether or not you need to change the operating range. If your graph hangs too far toward the top or bottom of the set range then you might want to consider a range change.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for your advice. I do experience a lot of leaking with the Wisp after a week or so of using the new mask so it would be nice to not experience that Smile

Where do I get lanolin from? I have only ever used it for breastfeeding, but I would assume it's available for other uses cheaper.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lanolin that seems most used is the lanolin for breast feeding mothers. Just make up your own instructions.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,968 5 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,122 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.