Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bloated Stomach/ Air swallowing
RE: Bloated Stomach/ Air swallowing
If you have the AirSense 10 Autoset the preceding recommendations for resetting your pressure range would be advisable and one other thing that may help would be to set the EPR to 3.

I have an S9 VPAP Auto that I was using in the bilevel mode at 20 cm/H2O IPAP pressure, 16 cm/H2O EPAP pressure. When I began to suspect aerophagia (pain in the stomach in the morning) I switched to auto mode with settings of min EPAP=14.0, max IPAP=20.6, PS=4. The Pressure Support of 4 gives me the same difference between IPAP and EPAP pressures as when using in the bilevel mode. These changes reduced my average pressure through the night and improved my aerophagia.

This is the reason that I feel that changing to EPR=3 may help if it is not already there. It would reduce your average pressure without materially affecting your obstructive events. May or may not be enough to solve the problem but worth a try in my opinion.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2015, 11:14 AM)PaytonA Wrote: If you have the AirSense 10 Autoset the preceding recommendations for resetting your pressure range would be advisable and one other thing that may help would be to set the EPR to 3.

I have an S9 VPAP Auto that I was using in the bilevel mode at 20 cm/H2O IPAP pressure, 16 cm/H2O EPAP pressure. When I began to suspect aerophagia (pain in the stomach in the morning) I switched to auto mode with settings of min EPAP=14.0, max IPAP=20.6, PS=4. The Pressure Support of 4 gives me the same difference between IPAP and EPAP pressures as when using in the bilevel mode. These changes reduced my average pressure through the night and improved my aerophagia.

This is the reason that I feel that changing to EPR=3 may help if it is not already there. It would reduce your average pressure without materially affecting your obstructive events. May or may not be enough to solve the problem but worth a try in my opinion.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Payton you are so right! EPR was changed to 3 and all is good! Just wish I would have had this info 8 month's ago!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2015, 04:34 PM)Judy1843 Wrote: Payton you are so right! EPR was changed to 3 and all is good! Just wish I would have had this info 8 month's ago!

Sometimes the problem just goes away on its own, but if it persists a bi-level machine will allow you to increase the pressure support above 3.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,152 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Leaks and mask displacement for side-to-stomach sleepers. Tape down nasal pillows? Bostonsnow 0 634 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow
  Playing around with pressure, CA's? Sometimes wake up bloated/gassy jkang9080 3 455 07-31-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 573 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 527 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do? exchanged 6 758 05-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: cdplatt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.