Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with BIPAP settings
RE: Please help with BIPAP settings
(02-20-2018, 12:38 PM)reddogsuix Wrote: With theses setting where would the flex setting be 0 being high and 3 being less resistant ?

Flex is a Philips setting on Resmed Auto Machines it’s EPR on BiLevel its controlled by pressure support unless I’m completely confused always possible.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
With BiPAP, you don't use A-Flex or CFlex. Now we're talking about BiFlex which is more related to rounding out the transitions between EPAP and IPAP. If you could imagine a smooth sine wave, that is what BiFlex produces. Without BiFlex the transitions look more like a square-wave form. BiFlex can affect the time that it takes for the machine to increase pressure from EPAP to IPAP, and the manual control for that is called "rise-time".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think sleepriders numbers are the ones I would have also said. I would get the basics done and get a sleepyhead chart up. I would also get the clinical manual from the link at the top of the page and learn all about your machine. bi-flex is a comfort setting, 0 is off 3 is max, try 1 or 2 and see what you think.

I would think of it in 2 parts, the min/max epap is your auto cpap.
The PS or pressure support, can be for comfort with high pressure and H. It can also be used for those that don't have normal lung function.

this titration guide will help see how it is done. I wouldn't suggest changing from auto. in auto mode, the min epap and min ps are the ones I would use to fine tune as you go. I would get the max high and out of the way, the machine will use what it wants
page 10
https://www.sleepapnea.com/downloads/100...fGuide.pdf
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
You nailed its dream station.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am planning to get a new Dreamstation Auto BiPAP and I wanted to know if I should make any changes to the settings or leave it as per factory settings and allow the Auto BiPAP to determine the optimal settings? Asking as this is an Auto BiPAP and hence I would expect like my Auto CPAP I should not be required to make any setting changes. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2019, 10:17 PM)Healthkares Wrote: I am planning to get a new Dreamstation Auto BiPAP and I wanted to know if I should make any changes to the settings or leave it as per factory settings and allow the Auto BiPAP to determine the optimal settings? Asking as this is an Auto BiPAP and hence I would expect like my Auto CPAP I should not be required to make any setting changes. Thank you.

I recommend you start a new thread to discuss settings appropriate to you, or preferably use this one with your history http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-lethargic .  Philips Respironics machines are poorly suited to run in a default setting mode because they are slow to increase pressure for obstructive issues.  If you have been using default settings on your APAP successfully, then the auto BiPAP adds in pressure support.  I'm not even sure what the factory defaults are for PS min and PS max on that machine.  I think based on your other thread, use of default APAP settings, then with the BiPAP auto, settings should be B Auto mode, EPAP min 6, PS min 2, PS max 4, IPAP or maximum pressure,  of 16 It will only increase as needed. 

FWIW I think your reluctance to move from default pressures on the Dreamstation Auto CPAP was one key problem in having a good experience there, and since you never took advise provided  by several members, are we wasting our time providing it here?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 198 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 166 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,599 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 679 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.