Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going to Bathroom?
RE: Going to Bathroom?
I am a newbie and this is going to be my 5th night on the machine.

I am having problems with my mask leaking but I can tell you that I had your very same problem and thought it was because of all the coffee I drank to stay awake. Yet it immediately was gone! The other thing I noticed right away was that I often have a sore back in the morning that I thought was due to an old injury. Now I don't toss and turn as much and my back is not sore or not nearly as much as before when I wake up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Count me as another man with a success story with respect to nocturia. Had been getting up every 2 hours.

I was complaining about it to my PCP and he gave me a prescription for Flomax. It might have helped a bit, but the very first night I tried CPAP I never got up at all, and very few nights since starting (only 6 weeks). Rarely once and only due to being up anyway, fighting with the mask.

My sister was the one who predicted this for me and encouraged me to get tested for OSA. It worked for her too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 09:36 PM)Fletch Wrote: I am a newbie and this is going to be my 5th night on the machine.

I am having problems with my mask leaking but I can tell you that I had your very same problem and thought it was because of all the coffee I drank to stay awake. Yet it immediately was gone! The other thing I noticed right away was that I often have a sore back in the morning that I thought was due to an old injury. Now I don't toss and turn as much and my back is not sore or not nearly as much as before when I wake up.
Welcome Fletch! Oh yes, I know about the coffee, I have given up now as it doesn't do a thing, I just give in and go to sleep during the day. I haven't got my machine yet, about two weeks to go.
So pleased to hear about your nocturnal trips to the loo and also the added bonus of your back feeling heaps better.
If you start to read other people's success stories here you will soon be amazed, as I was at some of the ailments that were cleared up once they started on CPAP.
I hope as time goes by you and your mask will come to terms with each other, or you will work out the problem and get it sorted then you will be able start to feel better and better as the days and weeks pass. Although I think you already are.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 10:28 PM)Redonthehead Wrote: Count me as another man with a success story with respect to nocturia. Had been getting up every 2 hours.

I was complaining about it to my PCP and he gave me a prescription for Flomax. It might have helped a bit, but the very first night I tried CPAP I never got up at all, and very few nights since starting (only 6 weeks). Rarely once and only due to being up anyway, fighting with the mask.

My sister was the one who predicted this for me and encouraged me to get tested for OSA. It worked for her too.

I hope you bought your sister a bunch of flowers! I think I will tell my Doctor to start looking in to O.S.A. for his patients that complain about frequent urination during the night.
Good luck with your mask.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
All I know is that before cpap I usually got up to go at least twice a night. After six months on the machine I seldom have to get up more than once (unless I have consumed an unusual amount of liquid just before going to bed.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] How should I pause CPAP (ResMed AS11) for a bathroom break? ThinMountainAir 7 12,452 05-14-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  Nocturia (Frequent Bathroom Awakenings) + Shorter Sleep Nights Sleeper396 8 1,041 07-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  [Pressure] High pressure after bathroom visit Roamer321 15 2,075 02-18-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Roamer321
  Going to the bathroom lngtrm1 17 5,213 06-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Symptoms] Nightly bathroom trips - will they go away? Loboix 18 2,868 11-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Marillion
Question Bathroom trips really mess up the CPAP HughT 7 4,575 09-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  Disconnecting for Bathroom Runs kimgh 10 9,097 06-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Last Post: rhandel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.