Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going to GP today, aerophagia question
Going to GP today, aerophagia question
Hi y'all,
I've had sudden worsening reflux GERD despite my taking my usual OTC meds for it , the last few says, as well as my 4 out of 5 bad apnea nights with ahi's rising out of nowhere. (chicken?egg?) No changes in eating either that I can note.

I have this new GP who I really like, she's a hometown girl from Baltimore, where I was born. She's about my age, I feel like she gets me.

Anyway, I trust you all to know what is typical more than my beloved GP...so could my suddenly worsening reflux be aerophagia or aero related? I don't feel burpy (but i"m not a burper by nature) I don't feel bloated or windy etc.

My pressure is currently 7.4-14.0 I am waking a fair mount with pressure increases. I'm siting tight at this number for a while. I don't hit the ceiling.
I don't have significant leaks. Just a bad run or other things driving pressure up. no idea.

Anyway should I consider it might be aerophagia related, or would I have had side effects from that a long time before that? I'll be 2 months in on the 26th of Feb.

THoughts?

The Hen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going to GP today, aerophagia question
Aerophagia is air in the stomach (sometimes lower). If you aren't burping or passing gas, then that's not it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you sleep on a slight incline such that your neck is not bent forward, but your esophagus has an upward climb for reflux to climb.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2015, 07:40 AM)TheManseHen Wrote: I've had sudden worsening reflux GERD despite my taking my usual OTC meds for it , the last few says, as well as my 4 out of 5 bad apnea nights with ahi's rising out of nowhere. (chicken?egg?) No changes in eating either that I can note.

Over a period of some 40 years I have battled GERD or GORD. and I would say in that time I have tried every remedy known, from raising the head of the bed to stomach liner potions to diet restrictions. However with the development of modern medicines GERD can be successfully treated. Somac or Nexsium are often prescribed, but they & others like them are not kidney friendly. My nephrologist prescribed "Ranitidine" & that I'm happy to say has completely fixed the problem. So ask your GP for a script. You'll be glad you did.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
Ranitidine is OTC in the US as Zantac. It's been around since the 1980s.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2015, 03:55 PM)justMongo Wrote: Ranitidine is OTC in the US as Zantac. It's been around since the 1980s.

You can also find it under other labels (Kirkland, Sam's, etc...) which is the same drug and a lot cheaper. My gastro doc gave me this info and to have it on hand for those times when you need something additional over and above nexium .

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
Eat more Apples Smile
It helps my Gerd I also take Prilosec every morning and if I miss I can tell.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 598 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,646 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 523 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 408 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 816 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 850 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.