Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good AHI reduction, but what waking up a lot and snore?
RE: Good AHI reduction, but what waking up a lot and snore?
Hello Jaquinl,

Terry's advice in post #9 is good for you. I certainly would not dummy down your machine at this point by going to straight CPAP. I see you're still using ramp? Be aware that you could experience an apnea event while in ramp that you would not experience once at therapy levels. Not a big problem, except it could wake you up. If you're going to keep ramp on, I would set the starting ramp pressure up some, and lower the time it stays in ramp.

The other thing about waking up a couple or more times a night: That's not uncommon, and it really doesn't necessarily have any impact on the value of our overnight sleep. What sometimes happens is you get into a great, restful sleep place, then your cute little brain thing thinks "what's wrong with this picture? I'm not used to sleeping well. I think I should wake up and look around the cave real quick." That's a primitive sort of reaction and one that subsides over time as your body and your cute little brain thing gets used to the "new you."

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't feel it is dumbing down your machine, in my case I did better when I was on this Elite than the 2 weeks I spent on the Autoset. Pressure jumping up and down may confuse the brain, I prefer to call it rhythm and when I turn mine on, it is a very familiar, no jumping around. This seems to be an old debate where I don't want to go SmileSmile
We all have unique experiences, but it would be wise for the OP to take your advice first and put my experiment next GrinGrin, but do try them both in the future and keep us informed please. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for these replies. I've gone back over my sleepyhead data and in the last two weeks went from seven hours of use to eight hours, I guess even if I do wake up I am getting there. Not sure what to do on pressure and ramp as yet.
Im not able to work out whether my wake ups are event, pressure, or just general freak out related. But I defintly have been dreaming more, and folks around me have said I look more rested. Im Thinking to just stay as is during the week, and perhaps try a weekend of two nights with limited ramp.
If that's doesn't help try continuous pressure for a weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2015, 09:07 PM)Jaquinl Wrote: Thanks so much for these replies. I've gone back over my sleepyhead data and in the last two weeks went from seven hours of use to eight hours, I guess even if I do wake up I am getting there. Not sure what to do on pressure and ramp as yet.

the ramp is strictly for your comfort. The only reason to use it is if you like it.

(03-19-2015, 09:07 PM)Jaquinl Wrote: Im not able to work out whether my wake ups are event, pressure, or just general freak out related. But I defintly have been dreaming more, and folks around me have said I look more rested. Im Thinking to just stay as is during the week, and perhaps try a weekend of two nights with limited ramp.
If that's doesn't help try continuous pressure for a weekend.

Whether the pressure is continuous or variable isn't as important as whether it's sufficient to stop your apenas. You'll feel better once you get the lower limit (or fixed pressure) up to where your apenas are pretty much gone.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
When I got my new Autoset 10, coming over from CPAP, I tried reducing the lower limit and had similar issues.

Terry is right, you need to raise the lower limit to 8 and leave the upper limit where it is.

You can try adjusting the ramp time for more comfort but over the years I've gotten used to therapy and only have my ramp time set to five minutes. I'd set your ramp time for how long it would take you to normally fall asleep. All of these changes are very straightforward to make on the Autoset 10 and the clinicians manuals are located in another thread on the site to help you make these changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 118 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Valtor
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  anyone with positive apnea reduction using emf shielding over bed? Pierelly 7 247 03-21-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.