Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good AHI, wake up 3 to 4x per night so still tired
Good AHI, wake up 3 to 4x per night so still tired
Hi Everyone

Its been awhile since i have posted here.  I had a really good run of about 90 days after some advice and setting changes.  I used to wake up 1x per night.  Now for the last few weeks, i wake up at 2:30, 3:30 4:30 and 6am. Everynight.  No setting changes, the only difference is i got a new mask and hose, same brand, same models.  So with that said, my days are spend tired again, pretty frustrating.

Sleepyhead doesnt seem to show me much.  When i get home later from the office i will post the latest graph cluster.

As always, your experience and expertise is appreciated.

Gio
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good AHI, wake up 3 to 4x per night so still tired
Not much to go on without the data. Initial impression is you have a wide spread of pressure, and depending on what is working, that might be more disruptive. Maybe we can find a pattern that leads to the arousals...welcome back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone

Below is my data, hopefully someone can offer some insight.  I wake up 4x per night.

[attachment=3352]

Hi Everyone

Its been awhile since i have posted here.  I had a really good run of about 90 days after some advice and setting changes.  I used to wake up 1x per night.  Now for the last few weeks, i wake up at 2:30, 3:30 4:30 and 6am. Everynight.  No setting changes, the only difference is i got a new mask and hose, same brand, same models.  So with that said, my days are spend tired again, pretty frustrating.

Sleepyhead doesnt seem to show me much.  When i get home later from the office i will post the latest graph cluster.

Gio

[attachment=3353]
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had an appointment with a sleep dr and this came up, it seems it can be normal, we wake/arouse after a rem state for body movement. sometimes we awake and are aware of it. don't stress or it will get a big deal, get up if you need to empty bladder/have a drink, or just roll over and go back to sleep. sleep hygiene is important, don't use a computer/phone/notebook/TV because of blue light, read a bit using an incandescent globe if you must.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see anything in the data for the night posted that would explain fatigue, other than this session was less than 7-hours. I think I would be tired if I was sleeping that duration consistently. It depend on your needs. You seem to have the pressure narrowed down to a good range, with your minimum pressure at 8.5, the machine only went to 10.0 cm except for a brief moment. Depending on your physical size, your tidal volume strikes me as a bit low for most males. The only thing that would change that is bilevel ventilation.

I'm only speculating here that fixed pressure might be less disruptive, if that is an issue. You could try setting both minimum and maximum pressure to 9.5 and see if you like it better. It would eliminate those 2-cm variations that the Philips machines all do, and you can decide if you prefer AFlex or not. It is currently not enabled from what I can tell. My impression is that you have effective treatment, and any modifications should be in the interest of comfort, and sleeping better or a little longer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider

Good input, my main issue is i still wake up 3 to 4x per night and cant figure out why.  Because of this, i am still tired during the day.  Most of the time, i can track my wake ups back to events, so maybe you are correct a steady pressure may help.  Im not sure what AFlex is or if it is turned on on my machine.  Frustration is setting in, it took me over a year to get my AHI into the 1"s and 2"s from the 5"s and 6"s.  I was hoping to be feeling much better by now

Gio
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2017, 04:06 PM)Gio0064 Wrote: Hi Everyone

Gio

as i get old
i wake up more and more to go to the bathroom

this has gone on for decades and long before they diagnosed apnea
i just trained myself not to get upset and fret about it
i get up and go
then go back to bed
and right back to sleep

it does get harder to get to sleep nearer morning

today i got up several hours early because i could not get back to sleep
so i ate , surfed, read the paper, then took a 3 hour nap to make up for the sleep i missed by getting up early
Post Reply Post Reply
Gio, get the provider (clinical) manual for your machine here. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual 

That manual will help you better understand your machine and take personal control of it.  The flex settings are usually able to be set by the use, but you can enable them using the manual and clinical settings.  Take a look around. Just press the control knob and ramp button at the same time, then take a look at all the settings and things you can do.  (don't make changes until you know what it is.)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I will also add that CPAP does not explain everything that happens to us in bed.  This could be caused by many things like a change in stress, alcohol or caffeine consumption, low Vitamin D, other drugs you might be taking, environmental noises or changes, periodic limb movements etc etc.  Look beyond CPAP for a possible explanation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 166 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 163 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,955 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 196 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.