Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] distilled water / ahi/events per hr
RE: distilled water / ahi/events per hr
As far as humidifier water is concerned, I use distilled water. I top it up every day and empty it sometime (when the idea strikes me at an opportune moment).

I agree that pouring leftover distilled water back into the bottle/jug is not a good idea. Leaving it in the humidifier tank is not so bad. The opportunities to pick up contaminants are few and I have never had a problem with it. I will tell you that I have not had an illness of any kind since I started CPAP 5 years ago.

In the end, you should research the action yourself and do what seems best for you.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: distilled water / ahi/events per hr
I use distilled water and add some if it gets low. After four or five days I wash the tank in soapy water. I never pour water from the tank back into the bottle. I know that in some areas distilled water is harder to get or expensive. Here it's only 88 cents per gallon. When we travel I sometime use bottled drinking water.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 55 11 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,350 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,087 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 221 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 115 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 156 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.