Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good News! Sleeping with New Mask!
Good News! Sleeping with New Mask!
Good News!  I switched from a pillow mask to a nasal mask and starting sleeping for the first time in 24 nights!!!!  I am so happy I have been patient because there were times I thought I wouldn't make any progress with my new C-Pap experience.  So if you are out there having trouble, hang in there.  In my case, I just wasn't getting enough air with the pillow mask but the nasal mask gave me much better breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good News! Sleeping with New Mask!
Were the Nasal Pillows to small, it is often the case when you are not getting enough air?
In any case, glad you have found something that works for you, we are all different and it would be a strange world, if not a scary one, if we were all the same.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
What's the difference between pillow and nasal?
Post Reply Post Reply
Big congrats on success. Hope it continues.

Sleep-well

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The pillow mask has areas that fit into the nostrils and fits under the nose. A nasal mask is larger and fits around the nose and has a larger breathing space.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 01:37 PM)Grazi Wrote: What's the difference between pillow and nasal?

Pillows:
[Image: 54706998_614.jpg]

Nasal:

[Image: N10-1-600x600.jpg]
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Solar Rays,
It't good to hear that you are sleeping with the nasal mask.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It was certainly the case for me that the pillows were too small. I was really struggling to breath. Thankfully I stumbled on this forum after only three days with my device and switched out for larger pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
IME The pillows don't work well if you have a non-compatible inner-nose architecture. No matter what size I tried, one nozzle shot air nicely up the nostril and the other into a nasal wall. I should have given up a lot sooner.

Glad that the nasal mask is working for you. I can see that for folks with S curves inside their nose, the nasal mask would be a great option. I almost went that way myself, but settled for an FFM, which I'm very happy with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fab

This thread confirms do well that one size/type does not fit all.

Glad to know your therapy is going well, Solar Rays............
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 810 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.