Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good Progress
Good Progress
After almost year of giving up the booze, and losing 15lbs (25 more to lose) I went from an AHI of 49 and oxygen levels down in the low 70's to todays screenshot.
I am still using the rented CPAP/pressure 11 most nights.
Last night I used My new APAP to see how I am doing and if my pressure needs are dropping.

How will I know if I need Cpap anymore? Looks like I am still needing some pressure. I really don't want to spend the $$ on another sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good Progress
If you note the max pressure, it is still going up over 8, so I think you should keep using it.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2016, 10:54 PM)Beej Wrote: If you note the max pressure, it is still going up over 8, so I think you should keep using it.
Yes, I am going to continue using. I was wondering
what number would be a signal that I could stop.
Like set at 6, and never goes above 6, or
should the number be lower, like 4 or 5, or is a small range like maybe 6-7
okay.
I know when it's on 4, I feel like I am not getting enough air, 6 feels like normal breathing to me.
I was just hopefully optimistic that with more weight loss maybe I could use it on a limited basis, like during allergy season, or maybe less hours per night. Right now if I am in bed or even napping, This thing is on.
Post Reply Post Reply
if the machine is changing pressure throughout the night, then it is still doing it's job to prevent/control apneas. It is not how high it needs to go, it is all about does it still need to change pressure. I suppose you could change to CPAP mode with a comfortable, but low pressure and see if it flags apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,354 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 110 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 141 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 771 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 608 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 673 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,933 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.