Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good Progress
Good Progress
After almost year of giving up the booze, and losing 15lbs (25 more to lose) I went from an AHI of 49 and oxygen levels down in the low 70's to todays screenshot.
I am still using the rented CPAP/pressure 11 most nights.
Last night I used My new APAP to see how I am doing and if my pressure needs are dropping.

How will I know if I need Cpap anymore? Looks like I am still needing some pressure. I really don't want to spend the $$ on another sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good Progress
If you note the max pressure, it is still going up over 8, so I think you should keep using it.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2016, 10:54 PM)Beej Wrote: If you note the max pressure, it is still going up over 8, so I think you should keep using it.
Yes, I am going to continue using. I was wondering
what number would be a signal that I could stop.
Like set at 6, and never goes above 6, or
should the number be lower, like 4 or 5, or is a small range like maybe 6-7
okay.
I know when it's on 4, I feel like I am not getting enough air, 6 feels like normal breathing to me.
I was just hopefully optimistic that with more weight loss maybe I could use it on a limited basis, like during allergy season, or maybe less hours per night. Right now if I am in bed or even napping, This thing is on.
Post Reply Post Reply
if the machine is changing pressure throughout the night, then it is still doing it's job to prevent/control apneas. It is not how high it needs to go, it is all about does it still need to change pressure. I suppose you could change to CPAP mode with a comfortable, but low pressure and see if it flags apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 989 4 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 62 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 194 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 140 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 785 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 377 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 134 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.