Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good Seattle/Puget Sound DME Providers
Good Seattle/Puget Sound DME Providers
Hey Folks,

Looking for experience (good and bad) with Puget Sound based DME providers.   My doc sent me a list of the DME providers w/ which they work.  The following are on that list:
  • NW Medical
  • Performance Health Care
  • Quest Health Care
  • Lincare
  • Apria
I used to deal w/ NW Medical ten years ago.  They were okay - i.e., middle of the road, in my experience. 

Does anyone have any experience w/ the above that they would share with me?  Or any experience w/ any DME providers in the area??

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good Seattle/Puget Sound DME Providers
Im in Idaho and have had great service from NORCO.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I had terrible problems with NORCO. After I paid a bill from them I found out they over charged me and it too over a month and many phone calls to get my money back.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, folks.   Appreciate the input!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I've used Performance Home Medical for CPAP equipment and supplies for the past 4-1/2+ years. Service was good, although billing practices could be better. They now require a credit or debit card on file to handle patient-responsible charges.

I've not used Norco for CPAP items, but their Oxygen services are fine. Both service and billing practices are fine, including direct-pay from my credit union for patient-responsible charges.

So, yes to both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, WSH!
Post Reply Post Reply
In general from my own experience (with 2 of those you listed) and that of others here they all try to rip you off at some point. The question really becomes do you need them. Since I have high deductible insurance I choose to self pay and thereby control my own fate using online suppliers which I have found to be extremely reliable and less expensive than DMEs. So, go self pay if you can - you also avoid the insurance compliance issue that way. If you must use a DME go with Northwest. Another thing I've done is use a DME to try stuff on and then when they give me the pricing I say its too expensive and then by it online.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, SonicBoom.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was doing good progress but suddenly can't take it anymore Elijah1220 2 61 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed Mini good - Resmed 11 not good r2davis3 2 94 Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 73 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 227 04-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 119 04-20-2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: erouting
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 218 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 163 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.