Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good Service
Smile 
Good Service
I just want to give a shout out to a company who have given me great service. I just it doesn't violate the commercial posts rule but I want to post it in the main section so the most people see it.

I have already sounded off on these pages about my dismay at the price of CPAP machines here in Australia so I looked to the U.S. to import my own. I was after a RESMED Airsense S10 Auto with a Quattro mask. In Australia this lot could run to as high AUD $2700!!! That's when I came across an internet supplier called Second Wind. After initial inquiries (which my emails were replied to in a matter of minutes) I ended up buying a complete unit & mask for AUD $970 (inc. shipping) that had only been used for 29 hours. The unit was delivered to Australia in 6 days which included a new mask and a new heated air tube.

It took a couple of weeks to actually set my new machine up as I was still using the machine I had on trial for four weeks. When I checked the contents of the carry case the elbow that connect the heated air tube to the mask was missing.

I emailed Second Wind letting them know what I had found and the email I got back after a few minutes shocked me. It was a zero dollar invoice with delivery details of a new air tube elbow. No Argument, no hassle just great service.

We seem to yell loudest when we get poor service but this was definitely not my experience with this company. Again I hope the MODS will let this post stay as it is not a blatant plug as I do not have any association with this firm whatsoever (apart from being a customer). It is just a review of some great service I received.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good Service
On this testimonial, I will look to patronize this supplier whenever I can. Service wins the day for me, even over price.

Thanks for letting us know.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Wozzlegummich is referring to supplier number 2 on the supplier's list. Link to the list at the top of every page: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

We're happy to hear about good service. We just ask that you don't post links to suppliers.
Post Reply Post Reply
SECOND list supplier is a really good vendor; their quick and friendly service is so surprising it will knock the
WIND out of you. IMO, they are THE
CPAP folks to go to. They listen. And WRT great service, they
DOT their I's and cross their T's. This means they
COMpare favorably to just about anyone on service and price.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2015, 08:50 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: SECOND list supplier is a really good vendor; their quick and friendly service is so surprising it will knock the
WIND out of you. IMO, they are THE
CPAP folks to go to. They listen. And WRT great service, they
DOT their I's and cross their T's. This means they
COMpare favorably to just about anyone on service and price.

OMMOHY

It is really great that neither of you posted a link and that you got the
Second best service anyone could
Wind up with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've bought stuff from suppliers #2 and #10
Both ship overseas and good source
Supplier #10 sell masks parts, bits and pieces

With Australian dollar at such low rate, might be worth a while to shop for the machine locally, if one have hospital extra or extra cover, depend on the insurance, machine rebates vary from $500 to $1000 and covered with manufacturer warranty

Masks, cushions, hoses, water chambers, etc ... are different matter and insurance does not pay for them
They're expensive in Australia and need replacement every so often

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2015, 09:58 PM)zonk Wrote: With Australian dollar at such low rate, might be worth a while to shop for the machine locally, if one have hospital extra or extra cover, depend on the insurance, machine rebates vary from $500 to $1000 and covered with manufacturer warranty

I did the sums with my (and other) Health Insurer's and it would have cost me $600 to get back $400!!

As for warranty, even if my US sourced S10 ends up a smoking pile of plastic and I have to buy another one from SecondWind I'll still be AUD$700 better off than if I had bought it in Australia.

As for service, RESMED don't want to speak to their clients if they can avoid it. They just refer you back to the retailers, therefore I am happy to deal with someone in the US. I think the tyranny of distance is long gone now.

I'm comfortable with my decision but I guess time will tell.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.