Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good board, this.
RE: Good board, this.
PR System One is cheaper. I haven't heard any reports of whistling on exhale either. I almost went with it when I was buying, but when I threw the PO$ S9 Escape Auto back at the %$&*% DME I had to keep the H5i because the Insurance Co. paid lump sum for the humidifier.

I think P.R. would do much better if they simplified their model identification. An S9 AutoSet is an S9 AutoSet, but with PR you have to be fairly vigilant just to know which machine your talking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2013, 06:51 PM)Paptillian Wrote: I know I'm not alone in thinking the competition just screams "medical device."

For me, that's a point in the PRS's favour. For most airlines nowadays, medical devices do _not_ count towards your carry-on baggage limit. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2013, 10:45 PM)RonWessels Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 06:51 PM)Paptillian Wrote: I know I'm not alone in thinking the competition just screams "medical device."

For me, that's a point in the PRS's favour. For most airlines nowadays, medical devices do _not_ count towards your carry-on baggage limit. Smile

Well they say that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

... or is that beholder?

Either way, you need some new glasses! Tongue

(just kidding)
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see what the big deal is about what the CPAP machine looks like. The CPAP machine is used when you are asleep, so you have your eyes closed and cannot tell what it looks like anyway!

To get real for a moment, with regards to my previous (relayed) claim that the PRS machines are "more reliable": recently I had the power supply (ie. the power cord, brick and connecting wire) fail on my machine. I noticed a problem some time ago. The power cord plugs into the device via a right-angle barrel connector. I had noticed that, when the connector was at certain angles, the power connection wasn't being made. Simply rotating the connector slightly made the connection, and I was willing to live with that issue. However, last Sunday evening, I went to bed and turned the machine on. Just as I settled into my pillow, the machine switched itself off. Bad words were expressed, and I tried rotating the connector, but now no orientation of the power connector would allow power transfer.

The problem could either be in the cable/power cord (unlikely) or in the unit itself (more likely). Fortunately, I had bought a battery unit for my CPAP, so I connected it up (it uses a different cable to connect to the machine) and everything worked perfectly. Even rotating the machine connection did not interrupt the power at all. Monday morning, I brought the defective power cable back to the DME, who confirmed that it would not power their machine either. They gave me a loaner until Philips Respironics provides a replacement. The loaner, of course, works perfectly.

Anyone else have/had issues with their power cable?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2013, 08:14 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: I would spend more time here if the answer to every question seems to be "Get a ResMed S9." It seems like people with most other machines aren't considered "cool" by the regulars.

What! I'm not cool! Big Grin

But seriously, I think this is a more balanced viewpoint:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ron,

Yes, the power supply for my S9 Elite failed about six months ago. It failed at exactly 5:08 in the morning, even the software captured it. I called the DME and they had a tech in the area who came to my house that day and replaced it, under warranty, and I was out about a 1/2 hour of sleep (normally get up at 5:30 anyway). Of course, I purchased an additional power supply. I'm not going to lose a night of sleep over something so simple.

Don't know if this is a trend. I am working a project at a remote location and now own two S9 Elites so I don't have to hump my machine in my luggage every trip. Been very happy with this arrangement.

By the way, the SD cards will not work in a different machine, it gives you an error and asks to reformat the card. ResScan, on the other hand, will download the data from the two different machines with no problem, so I can keep one continuous record of the treatment.

Anyone else have a problem with their S9 power supply?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 4 149 6 hours ago
Last Post: arturg
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 134 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 783 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 365 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 123 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 225 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.