Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long to feel relief
RE: how long to feel relief
(12-24-2019, 11:19 PM)Dormeo Wrote: The humidity will keep your nasal passages comfortable, but if you're opening your mouth inside your mask, the humidifier can't prevent the dryness you're feeling.  Can you keep your mouth closed and breathe through your nose?
Welcome jammer521.  I am very new to this community and they have been wonderful.  I wish I had known about Apneaboard years ago.
It has been a few days since you have posted in this thread so I'm not sure when you might see my reply.  I just want to say all the advice is fantastic and absolutely worth listening to. With that being said, I have found that some things that work for some does not mean it will work for you.  In my case for instance I have found that adjusting the humidifier level DOES have a major impact on my mouth dryness level.  The majority of the time my mouth is open inside my mask and if I don't have the humidity level at at least 7 my mouth starts to get dry.  At 6, mouth way dry.  I have been playing with 7 and 8 and trying to decide which is better.  The only issue I face with higher numbers is the "rain", sometimes.
Other recommendations have worked well for me, other recommendations have not.  Keep trying though, it will be worth it!
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb, this is good to know!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found my reply helpful Dormeo.  I'm still a little hesitant to post my thoughts in other members threads being such a newbie and pretty much lost when it comes to my own situation. Rolleyes

Regards,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m a relatively new Cpap user myself. Despite some mask difficulties (will be switching DMEs for next mask order because of problems) I’m finding I’m more rested with less sleep when using the CPAP. That is when I don’t rip the mask off in the middle of the night or fall asleep without the CPAP on (did that last night). 

I’ve figured that out within the first two weeks of use, and the weird symptoms I was having during the day are mostly going away. 

I’m not getting consistent 7-8 hours with the Cpap on every night yet, but hope to see more improvements when I do.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cranked up the humidity and its helped but this mask I got is bad and leaks like a sieve, I'm going in to my Dr. in around a month, (new Dr. because my old one sucked) and hopefully I can get a better understanding of my condition as well as a new machine, even with the machine I have and the bad mask I have dropped my apnea event from 23ish to around 12 to 14, and my pressure when I check the machine when I wake up is around 12.7
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 187 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 276 04-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 185 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 146 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 283 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 521 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 207 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.