Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good nightly AHI, but lungs feel a bit taxed and still a little tired
Good nightly AHI, but lungs feel a bit taxed and still a little tired
Hi all,

I've been using my CPAP for the past 4 months with pretty good success.  I definitely feel better overall, but I still wake up every morning and my lungs feel a bit taxed.  Additionally, I'm still feeling tired throughout the day (but definitely NOT anywhere as bad as before I started the therapy). My AHI is usually under 0.8, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if there's something I should look at changing to help.

I've attached 3 of the last few nights OSCAR data.  Additionally, over the last 30 days my AHI has been 0.71, OA 0.18, Hypopnea Index 0.32, CA 0.2.

Using: ResMed AirSense 10, F&P Evora Full

Thanks!

EDIT:  Also just realized that my settings were changed about a week ago from APAP w/ min pressure 11, max pressure 15, EPR 1 to CPAP pressure 12.....hmm my doctor may have done this without telling me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good nightly AHI, but lungs feel a bit taxed and still a little tired
It looks like you do slightly better with variable pressure but probably not enough to make much difference in your sleep quality. I suggest you increase EPR to 3 (and implement it at 3 if you stay with fixed pressure). It will reduce your flow limitations.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good nightly AHI, but lungs feel a bit taxed and still a little tired
I've only tried this for a day or 2, but I switched my setting to "Soft" and so far, I feel like my lungs are less strained - no chest wall soreness.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 20 1 hour ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 180 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 70 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.