Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good numbers to aim for in OSCAR
Good numbers to aim for in OSCAR
I was wondering about Flow Limits mainly, what are some good 95% numbers? Is 0.1 good? Is 0.5 not good.? Also is a short time in Apnea a good measure of treatment? I enclose mine from last night, if you would be so kind to comment. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good numbers to aim for in OSCAR
The goal is to get a good night's sleep. If nothing is bothering that then there is no problem

We try for no more than 0.10 as a 95% FL value. Obviously, lower is better. Also realize this is just for the flatness index that ResMed uses for its algorithms, there are flow limits that are not flagged in any way and detection relies on manual scanning and recognition within the Flow Rate chart.

You also have RERAs which indicate Flow Limits are present. We like RERAS to be zero. This generally calls for EPR being raised, but you will need to watch your CA numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good numbers to aim for in OSCAR
Flow limitations are somewhat relative, but getting the 95% FL below 0.1 is a common objective, provided the pressure support or EPR required to get that does not result in excessive CA or sleep disruption. The best indicator of success is how you feel. There isn't a lot more to be analyzed from just the summary results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 1 49 2 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 416 11 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 79 Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 200 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 208 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 141 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 786 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.