Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good oximeter for Oscar
Good oximeter for Oscar
I have thought to buy an oximeter. Can you recommend an oximeter to me who uses Linux (Kubuntu) and Oscar? Is there better oximeters and worse oximeters? I think that fine, if it costs just a few tens of euros.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good oximeter for Oscar
The least expensive oscar-compatible oximeter that I know of is the Contec CMS50D+. It is also the most uncomfortable to wear overnight. I slides over one finger, and is like a big blob there. It can also slide off easily. Next up is the Contec CMS50F, which is worn on the wrist and has a rubber-like probe that fits over a finger and won't slide off. I think there is a new firmware version that may not be OSCAR-compatible just yet ... but I will be working on that, as I have a Torontec B400 that looks and acts just like the Contec.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2019, 05:40 PM)unidee Wrote: Can you recommend an oximeter to me who uses Linux (Kubuntu) and Oscar?

I have a CMS50F. Using it occasionally with SleepyHead software. Tried it once with OSCAR as well, and it worked fine. Not sure about Linux, as I use it on Mac, and sometimes on Win 10. As for the oximeter price, I've got mine from eBay. Forgot what the price was, but it wasn't too bad.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2019, 07:54 PM)ppca Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:40 PM)unidee Wrote: Can you recommend an oximeter to me who uses Linux (Kubuntu) and Oscar?

I have a CMS50F. Using it occasionally with SleepyHead software. Tried it once with OSCAR as well, and it worked fine. Not sure about Linux, as I use it on Mac, and sometimes on Win 10. As for the oximeter price, I've got mine from eBay. Forgot what the price was, but it wasn't too bad.

Maybe it is this.

[Commercial Link Removed] Search for Contec CMS50F

It is quite expensive if someone tries it a week or two. So I have thought that if it is possible to borrow such somewhere, it may be a cheap idea. Or if I buy it, I can use it so long how much I want. I think that an year is same kind than one or two weeks. Is it?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.