Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good reports (I think), yet extremely tired
Good reports (I think), yet extremely tired
The headline says it all. My AHI numbers are always very low, and I can't figure out what it is that makes me feel extremely fatigued every morning. Dizzy, dull head, sometimes a bad headache. Takes me good 7-8 hours to start feeling a bit better. I also have an oximeter, and use it occasionally. SpO2 always looks good. Something is wrong, and I just don't know what.

Here's last night's report, so maybe some of the good people here can see something that I don't.

[Image: p9wYvEb.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good reports (I think), yet extremely tired
I don't have good news for you, sorry.  I don't think you're likely to get a useful answer here because our specialty doesn't seem to be something you need.  That is, getting your treatment well dialed in.   All indicators say you have been properly diagnosed and that your apnea is well controlled.  The only quibble is over leak rate, and then only sporadically.  I wouldn't think that to be a deal-breaker....?

However, I could be flatly wrong.  If you would be so kind as to organize your depiction per the instructions found under OSCAR at the top marquee, we might see more information that doesn't appear as you have shown it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you post an O2 report. The symptoms you show is how I feel when my Oxygen level is below 87% for a while during the last part of my sleep. It may not be that but again, that is what I experience.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 03:11 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Could you post an O2 report. The symptoms you show is how I feel when my Oxygen level is below 87% for a while during the last part of my sleep.  It may not be that but again, that is what I experience.

I haven't done an SpO2 report in at least 2 months. Just because every time I do it, it looks good, above 90%, with possibly a few dips below, but very short. I'll try to monitor it a bit more and see if there is anything suspicious there. Thanks for the suggestion!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 02:55 PM)mesenteria Wrote: If you would be so kind as to organize your depiction per the instructions found under OSCAR at the top marquee, we might see more information that doesn't appear as you have shown it.

Are you talking about the "Print Report" option? I can do it and export it to a PDF file.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at your Flow Limits. They are quite high.
These are treated via Pressure Support but you are already maxed out at EPR=3.

You can try raising pressure
or
you can look at getting a BiLevel such as ResMed's VAuto where PS can be raised higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, you want to go to the View at the top of the page.  Go down to Reset Graphics and choose Standard.  That will give the graphs in the correct order.  Also take off the calendar and pie graph.  Use the F12 button on the computer and make a screen shot.  use the screen shot in OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 03:41 PM)bonjour Wrote: Look at your Flow Limits.  They are quite high.
These are treated via Pressure Support but you are already maxed out at EPR=3.

You can try raising pressure
or
you can look at getting a BiLevel such as ResMed's VAuto where PS can be raised higher.

Yeah, I had the EPR set to 2 for a long time, and the flow limits were even higher. After changing it to 3, a few months ago, they went down a bit. Would raising pressure help? Also, would getting an APAP machine be any better? Since I am paying out of my own pocket, I may be somewhat hesitant to spend more money, and still get the same (no) result.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 03:43 PM)staceyburke Wrote: No, you want to go to the View at the top of the page.  Go down to Reset Graphics and choose Standard.  That will give the graphs in the correct order.  Also take off the calendar and pie graph.  Use the F12 button on the computer and make a screen shot.  use the screen shot in OSCAR.

Thanks for the instructions. However, when I do that, the screen shot only shows the first 4 fields, which is even less than what I have already provided. If I do the "print report" and export it to a PDF file, it shows everything, but I'm not sure I'll be able to post the PDF file here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Raising pressure is how you would address this on a PR (DreamStation) machine, Raising pressure is definitely worth a try.
An APAP machine should net you similar results.

Pressure Support is used to treat Hypopneas, Flow Limits, RERAS, UARS. Without question a BiLevel will allow you to use a Higher PS, and use fractional increments in PS to better treat the Flow Limits. Most doctors will look at your AHI and go what are you complaining about. I don't see traditional indication of UARS which is low AHI and high RERAS (which containing a lot of Flow Limits) but that is basically what you have. A basic or Auto BiLevel machine is the correct machine to treat this.

I'll leave it to others to help you source a reasonable priced unit.

Nothing wrong with trying a higher pressure first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 38 4 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 65 11 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,976 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.