Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good stats, good sleep, but still tired...
RE: Good stats, good sleep, but still tired...
6 hours is still not enough sleep, but just on an outside chance, you might try one night using straight pressure at your 95% and see if that improves your sleep. I know we all find the auto feature much more comfortable, but when I had a Respironics machine on loan, I was waking up a lot. So, I set for straight pressure until I got my Resmed machine and slept quite well. I do not have the same issue with the algorithm from Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2016, 04:22 AM)Lourens1190 Wrote: ......................
Is this what an arousal looks like? This is just before I woke up.

[Image: bKqJPvch.jpg].............
Great zoomed FR images. Note your sleeping and awake FR patterns. Very regular, yet noticeably different. The wakeful RR is lower than the sleep RR, as evidenced by the lower frequency of the former relative to the latter. The amplitude of sleep RR may be a tad stronger (hard to tell, and this would be contrary to expectation), but I'd guess the tidal volume of the former is higher (TV not shown). The expiration portions are very different. Slow to return to zero in wakeful state, sorta ballistic while asleep. (The autonomic nervous system controls breathing while asleep, a different part of the brain stem when awake.) So to address your question, that 3:01 section resembles a cross between them, no? So I would guess, yes, not a microarousal, but a shallow sleep at most, with arousal knocking on the door.

For your "unflagged events" series, for same reasons as above, I would guess the first is normal sleep, perhaps marked by minor disturbances. The other two, probably shallow sleep at best, marked by short (not micro) arousals. There's hardly any pause in breathing. Watch over time. If you get a lot of these patterns, it could be contributing to the discomfort. But as others have implied, it's too soon to be concerned about it.

I agree with SleepRider, generally speaking, these patterns look pretty normal. Understood you don't feel rested. Not uncommon. It can take significant time to adjust. Hang in there. Keep reading. Good luck.
We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the late reply...

Mosquitobait,
Unfortunately I cannot sleep more as my alarm goes off at 3:45 already and leave home at 4:30 for work only to return at 18:00. So, family time is from 18:00-21/22:00. Yeah, I know, it sucks. But hopefully with my next job things will get better. Anyhow, I would love to get more sleep, but that's just how it is...

I change it to CPAP and see how it works out... Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply...

Mosquitobait,
Unfortunately I cannot sleep more as my alarm goes off at 3:45 already and leave home at 4:30 for work only to return at 18:00. So, family time is from 18:00-21/22:00. Yeah, I know, it sucks. But hopefully with my next job things will get better. Anyhow, I would love to get more sleep, but that's just how it is...

I change it to CPAP and see how it works out... Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll second that info from Frank. I've been on CPAP for a little over a year and have learned that it takes a long time for the ol' brain to settle into a restful sleep response and no time at all for something to mess it up. For example, my AHI dropped fairly steadily for my first 4-5 months on CPAP until it leveled out at it's current average of <2, but it wasn't until after 6 months that I began to feel pretty well rested throughout the day. When something little thing breaks my sleep routine, like having to switch from nasal pillows to full face mask because of a cold, or traveling, or changes in CPAP pressure or mode, then it's instant goodbye rested days followed by waiting for a couple weeks for fully restful sleep to return.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me several months to feel much better. Have you considered why you have a headache when waking? I have that when my oxygen level drops even with cpap. I use a monitor when sleeping sometimes. I also add additional oxygen to the cpap. When things are working I have no headache. If something goes wrong I wake with a headache.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 18 1 hour ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 178 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.