Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good vs. Bad DME's
Good vs. Bad DME's
I have not seen anything on the subject of uncooperative DME's and the reason behind their attitude. I am still having trouble with my DME exchanging  mu aircurve 10 S for a Vauto. When I used google to look up their phone number this popped up.

https://www.mcduffieprogress.com/news/so...dc207.html

http://www.augustachronicle.com/news/201...ud-charges

I understand why they are issuing used equipment for new as well as not wanting to exchange the 10 S for the slightly more expensive Vauto. I think everyone should perform a search on their DME. I don't want to be associated with this DME and during my next Dr. visit I will make them aware of the quality of the DME they recommend. I am looking for another DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good vs. Bad DME's
Hi and you've already done so, in which case you may disregard my suggestion. Follow the steps for dealing with a DME in the wiki. I can share my direct, as in real acts I did, actions later if you'd like.

I just skimmed the linked articles. Wow, you got a live one there! LOOK OUT! Start shopping for another DME is what I'd do.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reinforcement. My daughter was recently placed on cpap and she loves her DME. I think I have to get the Dr. to send the prescription to a different DME?
Post Reply Post Reply
If your Doctor sent you to that DME I'd be looking for another Doctor also.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla I think you may be onto something, the Dr. said they never had any problem with them. But the news articles are dated 3/12/18 and my visit with the Dr. was mid Feb 18. I intend to talk with her about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2018, 07:41 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: If your Doctor sent you to that DME I'd be looking for another Doctor also.

Agreed 100%

Suggestion: maybe it was already suggested or otherwise...
1. get a full hard copy of your sleep studies and script

2. call your health insurance customer service and ask for a DME list nearby...try to stay "in network"

3. call DMEs from step 2 to research who YOU'D like to use

4. follow process to transfer to newly selected DME

And, if necessary, do the same to replace doctor
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your doctor has frequently used that DME, I would suggest that you make haste in getting the sleep study and a copy of the prescription as well (you are entitled to these records). If the investigators decide to look at your doctor, they could seize medical records and it would be a hassle to get your records so you can seek another DME.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave and Jesse. I intend to do it next week although that might be difficult because I live around Augusta Ga and the Masters Golf Tournament starts Monday.
Jesse I think you made an excellent point about the Dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Keep us updated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2018, 09:45 AM)gwc2795 Wrote: Thanks Dave and Jesse. I intend to do it next week although that might be difficult because I live around Augusta Ga and the Masters Golf Tournament starts Monday.
Jesse I think you

made an excellent point about the Dr.

Make sure when you ask for a copy of the sleep study, that you want the RAW data as well as the summarized report. 

Maybe it would help you to return your machine if you brought along a copy of the article?  Then you can go elsewhere for a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 71 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.