Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got Sleep Study Results
Got Sleep Study Results
Well, I finally got my results from my 3rd sleep study today.

Brief recap..

1st study showed lots of obstructive apneas but good results with regular CPAP
2nd study was ordered as I was starting to see more and more central apneas, it showed BiPAP made things much worse, but still got some relief from CPAP

Insurance wouldn't consider paying for BiPAP as they wanted a whole night study with BiPAP.  The 2nd study was split with CPAP/BIPAP.

Still having centrals..

3rd study showed 0 events when using a pressure of 10/6 on BiPAP.

My doc, and most people here thought I needed ASV, but it looks like I am getting BiPAP.

I slept for 441 minutes.
334 minutes at 8/4 with an AHI of .9
122 minutes at 10/6 with an AHI of 0

Here's hoping the BiPAP works and insurance will pay for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got Sleep Study Results
Did you ask your doc if you could use your Autoset at pressure of 10 with EPR 3 in the meantime. That would get you 10/7, which would be close to 10/6 of bipap. Or pressure 9 with EPR 3 would get you 9/6.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow the process if you really need an ASV you will need to try the BiLevel first numbers from complex apnoea can be variable, until you have used the BiLevel for a month and have a trend of numbers who knows how your going to do. A sleep study is only an indication
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2018, 05:54 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: Did you ask your doc if you could use your Autoset at pressure of 10 with EPR 3 in the meantime. That would get you 10/7, which would be close to 10/6 of bipap. Or pressure 9 with EPR 3 would get you 9/6.

Good idea, I went ahead and changed my settings to this.  It will at least give me something similar until I hear from my DME about getting the BiPAP.  Hopefully there isn't a fight when it comes to which model machine.

Thanks again for mentioning this.  I wouldn't have thought of this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 240 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.