Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ?
Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ?
I came home to find a Luna cpap machine has been delivered. Is this the Phillip’s replacement?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ?
It could be. I've seen reports of Phillips replacing machines with other brands, and I think BMC was one of htem. Which model of Luna did you get?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
BMC and 3B Medical is a Chinese company, and it is BMC that manufactures the Luna. It is a low-priced machine and is not currently supported by Oscar. The BMC Luna IQ Auto is an auto CPAP machine that meets all requirements for CPAP but has not been widely dispensed in the U.S. With the shortage of CPAP machines resulting from the Philips recall of System One and Dreamstation 1 machines, the BMC machines are at prices I have never seen. Supplier #1 is offering at $699. This is still a significant discount from Resmed or Philips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP machines. Where are you located?

We have had a number of members that have used this machine, and while I don't consider it to be at the level of Philips or Resmed, it can meet your needs. Unfortunately you will have to rely on the BMC software. The "possibly related threads" at the bottom of this page will have links to other threads involving the Luna CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OI’m in New Mexico. 

If this is my replacement. How do I get my settings in it?

Thanks

Luna II auto CPAP. I use BIPAP ?‍♂️
Post Reply Post Reply
Any Paperwork?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2021, 11:34 PM)Makai1959 Wrote: OI’m in New Mexico. 

If this is my replacement. How do I get my settings in it?

Thanks

Makai1959, send me an email at apneaboard@gmail.com and request the Clinician Setup Manual for this machine.  That manual has instructions on how to enter the setup mode in order to put in your specific pressure settings.

Assuming Phillips is the company that sent this machine to you as a replacement, I have no clue as to why they'd send an auto-CPAP to replace a bi-level CPAP.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. I think that you should write a complaint to the FDA -- in what universe is some crappy Chinese knockoff APAP a replacement for a BiPAP?!?!?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not even the fact that it's Chinese.  The real issue is they sent you an
Auto Cpap, when you have been using a Bipap.

How was this sent to you, UPS or FedEx? There must be a shipping label on the package.  
Did this replacement possibly come from your DME/supplier and not Phillips?
Check the shipping label.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What was your prior Philips BiPAP model?
If your BiPAP is still functional, then continue using it and contact the shipper of the Luna CPAP and decline this machine on the basis it is not the same class of therapy or the same brand as what it intends to replace. You can offer to accept a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto in lieu of the Philips xxx BiPAP the machine intends to replace.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
My DME took it upon themes to change the prescription and send the Luna unit. Its going back and the search for a Res Med unit starts.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 985 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 86 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 232 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 126 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 293 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Luna 2 solfware. Heres where to go . (kind of like oscar watertrails 4 2,004 09-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: rubbercow
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,289 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.