Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Got a new Nuance
The only difference between the Pro and the non-Pro is the part that is against the cheekbones. The Pro version has more plastic and has these gel packet things that rest on the cheeks just below the eyes. The non-Pro does not and is all cloth.

My first Nuance mask was the "Pro" version. It was a wonderful mask and I fell in love with it. I lasted for a while and all was well until I went to wash the headgear. The squishy, sticky back band on the headgear became squishier and stickier, turned black, and was just oh so gross to look at. The rest of the headgear was fine.

The second was the non-Pro. I thought for the summer, the cloth would be more sane in my non-air conditioned home. The back strap was just as squishy and was again sticky. In less than a week, without me washing it, it became black and gross again. I could run my finger over it and this thin layer of some sort of coating just came off and with it, the foam underneath it did, too.

I just tried the Nuance one more time. This time, the back strap is not as squishy and is not in the least bit sticky. I rubbed my thumb over it hard and nothing came up. The material did not part even a little bit. I've worn it now for several nights and it is still holding up. It is not discolored and is still not sticky.

I have very oily skin and hair. At first, I thought it was just me but then others started saying it as happening to them. I think Phillips finally got enough complaints that they fixed the problem. About dang time!

I haven't washed it yet. I'll use it a week then give it the usual simple bath I do all my headgear. If it survives, then I'll stick with this mask. If it doesn't, then it is back to the search again. Over the years, I have gone through soooo many. Getting kinda tired of it.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-30-2014 06:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] Nuance question parkerdt 2 189 11-08-2016 08:24 AM
Last Post: parkerdt
  Problem with Nuance mask warmbear 5 389 08-16-2016 12:42 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Mask Airfit vs Nuance Pro wishicansleep 10 1,723 01-13-2016 02:40 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Nuance user, just received DreamWear DanPrado 3 862 12-30-2015 11:04 PM
Last Post: DanPrado
  Should I try the Airfit P10 or Resp Nuance mask ckingzzzs 24 2,872 12-12-2015 11:15 PM
Last Post: iSteph
  Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System Adoniscmj 11 1,700 08-24-2015 11:30 AM
Last Post: Adoniscmj
  Nuance pro gel pillow mask Apneaboy 8 1,736 07-20-2015 11:07 AM
Last Post: PaytonA