Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got a new Nuance
Got a new Nuance
The only difference between the Pro and the non-Pro is the part that is against the cheekbones. The Pro version has more plastic and has these gel packet things that rest on the cheeks just below the eyes. The non-Pro does not and is all cloth.

My first Nuance mask was the "Pro" version. It was a wonderful mask and I fell in love with it. I lasted for a while and all was well until I went to wash the headgear. The squishy, sticky back band on the headgear became squishier and stickier, turned black, and was just oh so gross to look at. The rest of the headgear was fine.

The second was the non-Pro. I thought for the summer, the cloth would be more sane in my non-air conditioned home. The back strap was just as squishy and was again sticky. In less than a week, without me washing it, it became black and gross again. I could run my finger over it and this thin layer of some sort of coating just came off and with it, the foam underneath it did, too.

I just tried the Nuance one more time. This time, the back strap is not as squishy and is not in the least bit sticky. I rubbed my thumb over it hard and nothing came up. The material did not part even a little bit. I've worn it now for several nights and it is still holding up. It is not discolored and is still not sticky.

I have very oily skin and hair. At first, I thought it was just me but then others started saying it as happening to them. I think Phillips finally got enough complaints that they fixed the problem. About dang time!

I haven't washed it yet. I'll use it a week then give it the usual simple bath I do all my headgear. If it survives, then I'll stick with this mask. If it doesn't, then it is back to the search again. Over the years, I have gone through soooo many. Getting kinda tired of it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terrible Velcro On Philips Nuance Gel Pillow Mask Driving Me Nuts hyphicti 0 625 10-23-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: hyphicti
  Resmed P10 vs Philips Nuance Gel buddy0329 1 943 06-24-2021, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  philips respironics Nuance mask mtoy1204 2 872 03-26-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: mtoy1204
  Nuance Pro - do you find it difficult to point it into your nostrils? Hydrangea 7 1,408 12-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed 10 vrs respironics nuance nose pillow mask Redcrew71 2 993 12-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Last Post: booksfan
  Columella nasi pain while wearing Nuance nasal pillow, need new mask recommendation. nbritton 9 2,765 01-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  P10/Nuance Frankenmask Stom 2 960 08-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Stom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.