Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got a new ResMed AirSense 10
Got a new ResMed AirSense 10
Was having obnoxious noise coming from the one that I had for a little over 3 years.  folks can read about it in THIS TOPIC thread which has other links for discussion and comments from members-  Thanks for all the responses and advice!

Insurance covered a new machine and I wish I had gotten it sooner.  I was using the defective one for some 6 weeks.  It seemed to perform OK but it made noise.  It was so bad that the sounds would not let me return to sleep if I were to awaken during the night.  The new one is perfectly silent!   I never realized how it interrupted my sleep was.  Used the new one for 3 nights now and it feels good to be back to normal sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got a new ResMed AirSense 10
(10-27-2019, 08:36 PM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: Was having obnoxious noise coming from the one that I had for a little over 3 years.  folks can read about it in THIS TOPIC thread which has other links for discussion and comments from members-  Thanks for all the responses and advice!

Insurance covered a new machine and I wish I had gotten it sooner.  I was using the defective one for some 6 weeks.  It seemed to perform OK but it made noise.  It was so bad that the sounds would not let me return to sleep if I were to awaken during the night.  The new one is perfectly silent!   I never realized how it interrupted my sleep was.  Used the new one for 3 nights now and it feels good to be back to normal sleep.

I have the same machine. Being new to SA and not knowing any better, I just assumed that all CPAP machines were silent.  Dont-know

Apparently, they are not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my first one was perfect;y quiet. The noise started out very mild and then got worse. It was louder on the exhale as the sound got louder and higher in pitch. If it were a steady, non-varying noise I could have perhaps gotten used to it. It got worse over time to the point where I stopped using it. I was wrapping it in towels and stuffing it in the drawer of my nightstand.

The new one is as I was used to... it is perfectly silent.
Peace at last!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got mine on Sept. 10th of 2018. It's been dead quiet so far. I just thought that they were supposed to be that way. 

I have Tinnitus quite badly. I've had it for well over 30 yrs. A machine has to be pretty noisy before it would bother me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on getting a nice quiet machine that lets you sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
my airsense elite 10 was amazing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,387 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 130 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,956 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 132 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,146 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,574 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 280 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.