Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got leaks under control, ready for some advise
Got leaks under control, ready for some advise
Ok so I've been working on this for about 3 months now and think I've finally got my leak problems under control. I wen

t from nose mask to full face to pillows which seem to be working for me.

I was wondering if someone could look at my data and tell me if I'm going in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

[Image: ZFhJwW2h.png]

[Image: 2eBd4Fgh.png]

[Image: DahAu5nh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got leaks under control, ready for some advise
If this were mine, and if the median pressure is 12something usually, I'd raise the minimum to 11.

Other than that, it looks good. You've got some snoring going on but the machine is responding. Raising the pressure to 11 might help with the snoring maybe perhaps.

You may want to read this over as a better way to present your screenshots.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and thank you! I'll read over the link and see if I can't figure out how to organize my screenshots better.

I just started bumping up my minimum pressure, should I try it in one big leap to 11? 

Also what do you think about my max of 18?  Seems I've read that on the auto-set the max is not as important as the minimum.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason for limiting max pressure is because the Apap’s can raise pressure due to flow limitations and snores.  These events don’t get added to your AHI, but may disrupt sleep along with the pressure increase.  An increase in minimum pressure usually helps.

Look at your pressure graph where the pressure bumps up to over 15 with no events showing.  This could be due to snores and FL.

Do you have the flags turned on for snores and flow limitations?  Check bottom left of graphs.

I agree with raising your minimum pressure closer to what your Median pressure reads.  

Otherwise, looks really good.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I snore like crazy. Before I started this journey I had always figured snoring followed by long periods of not breathing (as I've been told), was where my apnea originated from. 

I'll bump up my minimum some more tonight and see how it goes.  Also I think I have my flags set now although I haven't studied up yet on flow limitations so I don't know how to read them or what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Thanks all, I'm still learning more every day thanks to everyone who contributes here.  My toughest feat so far was just managing the leaks and blow outs I  continuously experienced with the various nasal & FF mask that I tried. I wasted so much time and money trying different brands & models of mask only to find out pillows were all that I needed. To make matters worse I had the pillows the whole time and never tried them!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.