Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got my BiPAP today - have questions
Got my BiPAP today - have questions
Hello all,

Well I picked up my Resmed Aircurve VAuto today from my not so helpful DME.

When going through the settings, I see the following and dont' know if they should be tweaked as I'm not familiar with them.  Any thoughts??

Easy-Breathe - On
Ti Max - 2.0s
Ti Min - 0.3s

Thanks in advance!

New machine, new things to learn!

They have me starting on Mode S.  I'll probably stay there until my compliance appointment in a month or so and then think about moving to auto mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my BiPAP today - have questions
The Ti and Easybreathe are no problem In Vauto mode Easy breathe is always on by default. What are the EPAP and IPAP in S-mode?

It doesn't matter using S or Auto mode, you are going to fail to tolerate this machine, and your AHI, particularly central will be higher. Remember this is a stepping-stone to ASV, and don't be discouraged. Start complaining next week after you have some time on the bilevel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes, I know this is yet another stepping stone on my journey to good sleep!

I'm just curious as to what these settings do..

As to your question, they have decided to start me at 10/6.

Thanks again for all your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the clinical setup manual.  All these settings and terms are defined, and the manual even gives examples of how to use them.  Ti is time of inspiration pressure, or IPAP.  Once you trigger IPAP, then minimum time it will be on is 0.3 seconds, and the longest time is 2.0, seconds before cycling to EPAP.

Easybreathe is the flow shaping in mask pressure.  Without Easybreathe flow is delivered in a square wave with fast increases and decreases in pressure.  With it, it looks more like cresting waves, and much more comfortable.

[Image: GcI9IZd.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 235 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 388 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 186 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,001 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 237 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 157 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.