Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got my cpap yesterday
Got my cpap yesterday
So I went my DME and got my Resmed s9 auto set yesterday with a minimal fight. I went in and they brought out and icon auto, and I was firm but polite and simply said i'm going with the Resmed auto set because of the data capability. They said ok and viola I got the auto set. I was really surprised how little fight there was. I'm going to be using the Quattro air Full face mask as I found the fit and comfort to be great. I just wanted to share a positive DME experience and say hello.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my cpap yesterday
(02-18-2015, 10:30 AM)truetopath Wrote: So I went my DME and got my Resmed s9 auto set yesterday with a minimal fight. I went in and they brought out and icon auto, and I was firm but polite and simply said i'm going with the Resmed auto set because of the data capability. They said ok and viola I got the auto set. I was really surprised how little fight there was. I'm going to be using the Quattro air Full face mask as I found the fit and comfort to be great. I just wanted to share a positive DME experience and say hello.

truetopath,
Welcome to the forum. :grin:
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with the DME. If you hadn't questioned them, they probably wouldn't have offered the machine you wanted.
Let us know how your therapy goes and good luck with mask...that seems to be one of the keys to successful therapy...a good mask fit.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi truetopath,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you had such a good experience with your DME.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That was actually a negative DME experience.

You resolved it in your favor by refusing to take the icon. They were not interested in what you may have wanted.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the quattro air and the F10 masks so, as the mask inserts are the same, I am able to change them between the different headsets. This allows me to do away with the forehead brace if it gets uncomfortable. You do have a great combination though.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum truetopath!
Great that you have started off in a positive way.
Please stay in touch and good luck with your journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday I loooked at my data and my AHI was 2.4 and today it was 1.2. This is down from 40.4 at my sleep study. I'm feeling pretty good and wish I would've gone for testing earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Truetopath. They are excellent early results! Well done.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2015, 09:01 AM)truetopath Wrote: Yesterday I loooked at my data and my AHI was 2.4 and today it was 1.2. This is down from 40.4 at my sleep study. I'm feeling pretty good and wish I would've gone for testing earlier.

truetopath,

What a great start! Don't feel bad about not going for testing earlier.
The majority of us have done the same, either through ignorance of not knowing what sleep apnea was or knowing but can't accept the diagnosis.
But once you see start therapy and see the difference in how you feel, then it's a game changer.
:grin:
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of us just didn't have obvious symptoms that indicated sleep apnea. I didn't snore, didn't wake up with a headache, didn't feel like I needed a nap and I didn't fall asleep while driving and/or working and I didn't wake up several times at night to go to the bathroom. Even after a doctor sent me for a sleep study (not sure why she did that) and I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, I had my doubts because I did not have the standard symptoms. Since my insurance was paying for the machine and there was no cost out of my pocket, I took the machine just in case because I was not going to take the risk even if I was not sure I had it or not. I still am not sure but the risk of not using a machine and the risk of dying is not worth the chance I would be taking. Although I have always had a very low AHI while using the machine, I wake up several times during the night and it isn't to go to the bathroom. I still use my machine faithfully every time I sleep. I am going to err on the side of caution. I am not ready to leave this earth. I still have work to do here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 477 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Sad Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried? TonytheTiger 2 633 09-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My VAUTO went insane yesterday VladimirTrotzskyi 4 1,230 09-29-2017, 11:52 AM
Last Post: kiwii
Question [Diagnosis] Newly Diagnosed Yesterday (still sinking in) gregoryjames 19 3,352 04-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  So I had a visit with my DME yesterday Marillion 27 3,903 04-15-2017, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Marillion
  [Equipment] So I put a new hose on yesterday justMongo 5 2,565 04-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Last Post: comatose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.