Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results
Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results
Gotta love patient portals.

I requested the reports and voila!

Here

Thoughts?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results
Looks like you're going to get an invite to officially become a hosehead.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
um ... I already am on a CPAP as the profile to the left notes.

I was more wondering if anything unusual jumped out as odd, like the reduced fragmented REM (apparently, 20% of the time is usually REM, according to 1 online post)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would have my cardiologist put a monitor on me and further investigate the PVCs.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm actually wondering if the Vivactil (protryptilline) is causing the reduced REM and possibly the PVCs. It is a tricyclic antidepressant and those are known for potential cardiac arrhythmias. It'll depend on the frequency/intensity of the PVCs. Most folks do have a occasional ectopic beat or two.

I'm going to talk with my neurologist, too, as I was just put on lamotrigine for vestibular migraine with aura (no headache, just vision issues and nasty vertigo attacks). I might be able to stop the Vivactil, as the lamotrigine also acts as a mood stabilizer in bipolar disorder. I didn't think I had that, but if you take prednisone (d*mn asthma flares) and become manic, that suggests a type 2 or 3 bipolar disorder.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2016, 07:44 PM)Beej Wrote: I was more wondering if anything unusual jumped out as odd, like the reduced fragmented REM (apparently, 20% of the time is usually REM, according to 1 online post)

Are you kidding? A sleep latency of 4 minutes in a clinical setting...wow!

Mine was a sleep latency of 84 minutes with sleep efficiency of 42%. You're living in high cotton bro!

Joking aside, you seem to be already using an optimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeping was never the problem.

Waking up and staying up was the problem. I missed most of a couple of decades between the sleep disorder, the low thyroid, and some other things.

I sometimes bang my hand on the headboard of my antique bed. The carving on it sometimes nicks my knuckles, so I figured I must be moving around some.

To sleep, perchance to dream ... except I almost never remember dreams. Maybe 4 times in all my decades.

And there really can be a limit to how much caffeine you can drink to stay awake. It used to be a 2 liter of diet Coke, 9 flights of stairs, and I could fall asleep on that in under 15 minutes. I took work home and worked through lunch to get work done.
Then I got on the protriptyline. Waking up without a headache? Priceless. That worked for a long time. Then several rounds of steroids for the d*mn asthma flares added a good 50+ pounds over the decades and it evolved into the obstructive apnea I have now. *sigh*

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 49 Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 151 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 124 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 431 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.