Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need opinions about breathing waveforms - REM sleep? awake? don't know?
RE: Need opinions about breathing waveforms - REM sleep? awake? don't know?
Thanks, Sleeprider. I was thinking that the Airsense 10 Autoset algorithm would be better in my case, too.

I appreciate you and robysue looking at my graphs and giving your analysis.

(12-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Going back to whether to push for an auto machine. I think that may be the ticket. First the complication of fibromialgia makes constant high pressure painful. So there is a definite advantage to having a machine that only goes higher for the episodes of OSA that happen during the night. Now in your case, if an auto machine was selected, I'd want one that responded faster like the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (not for her). The second advantage to that machine is the true EPR which lowers EPAP by 3 cm, making higher pressures tolerable. Your own data shows APAP works better, in fact you seem to have less than half the AHI with an auto algorithm working. In no instance was hypopnea or CA a problem.

Yeah, I definitely think so.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 101 2,473 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 235 3 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 335 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 133 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 348 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Do these waveforms represent an arousal BigWing 2 155 03-26-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.