Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got my machine at last!
RE: Got my machine at last!
(05-04-2018, 05:50 PM)SoCalCpapGuy Wrote: I finally figured it out... there's a slot for the SD card on the top left, but the bottom left opens too, and it has some kind of slot - which I eventually figured out wasn't for an SD card... I checked the clinician's manual, and figured it out after you guys explained it to me...  The top door is hard to open... I just figured there wasn't a door there when I tried earlier...

I had a 4GB SD card sitting around, put it in and it reformatted it... The DME told me they don't provide cards any more, so I just used one of my old ones...  So it's now in there doing whatever it's supposed to do.    Big Grin  I've installed Sleepyhead on my Mac... so at some point I'll get to analyze everything.

(God, can't believe I'm this excited over an APAP machine - Hopefully I'll be just as excited in the morning after getting some sleep!)

That slot (bottom left) could potentially be used for a ResMed Pulse Oximeter. I had one briefly as a loaner.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 05:59 PM)Spy Car Wrote: That slot (bottom left) could potentially be used for a ResMed Pulse Oximeter. I had one briefly as a loaner.

Bill

Ah, that explains what it is... I never thought of that.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirSense 10 AutoSet came with a 4 GB SDHC card with the ResMed name on it. Unless someone pulled it out to try and prevent you from collecting and viewing your own data, it should be in the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
For all I know, the RT was just inventing as he went... But I figured I had tons of old SD cards around, so I didn't say anything...  I've been arguing with medical people for weeks, and decided it wasn't worth arguing over a card - so I just smiled, and had him go to the Clinician's menu so I could check usage...  I told him why, and he said, "selling a used machine as new would be unethical"... Rolleyes 

It's definitely a new machine, so I'm happy...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 06:27 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: My AirSense 10 AutoSet came with a 4 GB SDHC card with the ResMed name on it. Unless someone pulled it out to try and prevent you from collecting and viewing your own data, it should be in the machine.

You may of had one that was in stock for a while. The more recent Resmed machines no longer come with SD cards. Resmed decided to not provide one any longer as a cost cutting move. Also they're pushing the DME's to use Airview instead.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on your new machine. I've had to do that for other stuff - just stay in the office and wait for them to write out the new prescription, in this case it was for a wheelchair for family member.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,212 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,799 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,322 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,757 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,252 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.