Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got my machine at last!
Got my machine at last!
Picked up my new Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet with all the bells and whistles this morning...  Wasn't sure it would ever happen ...  Things went smoothly at first... Doc and I agreed on this machine, but he just wrote Airsense 10 on my prescription, even though we'd discussed the AutoSet...

And after being contacted (after waiting forever) by the DME, I found out that I was being given an Airsense 10... When I mentioned that I wanted an AutoSet machine, I was told "sorry, that's what your doctor ordered"...  So I had to contact the doctor's office, who told me that my prescription only had a CPAP on it, and "really, they're the same"...

I eventually went directly to the doctor's office in person to make sure I got the proper prescription... after telling them I would just sit and wait as long as it took for the doc to be available, the proper prescription suddenly showed up...

They sent it to the DME, who called within hours and asked about meeting to show me the machine and how to use it, clean it, etc...  Talked to him at 6pm last night... and picked it up at 8am this morning!

So I'm finally the proud owner of my first APAP machine!  (And after reading all the success stories on here - I'm looking forward to using it!)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my machine at last!
(05-04-2018, 12:42 PM)SoCalCpapGuy Wrote: Picked up my new Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet with all the bells and whistles this morning...  Wasn't sure it would ever happen ...  Things went smoothly at first... Doc and I agreed on this machine, but he just wrote Airsense 10 on my prescription, even though we'd discussed the AutoSet...

And after being contacted (after waiting forever) by the DME, I found out that I was being given an Airsense 10... When I mentioned that I wanted an AutoSet machine, I was told "sorry, that's what your doctor ordered"...  So I had to contact the doctor's office, who told me that my prescription only had a CPAP on it, and "really, they're the same"...

I eventually went directly to the doctor's office in person to make sure I got the proper prescription... after telling them I would just sit and wait as long as it took for the doc to be available, the proper prescription suddenly showed up...

They sent it to the DME, who called within hours and asked about meeting to show me the machine and how to use it, clean it, etc...  Talked to him at 6pm last night... and picked it up at 8am this morning!

So I'm finally the proud owner of my first APAP machine!  (And after reading all the success stories on here - I'm looking forward to using it!)

Amazing that with all your foreknowledge that you were still put through this rigamarole.

Good on you for having done your homework and being resilient!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
WhooHoo!! Congrats!!  

Sleep-well
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a lesson to anyone else reading, a Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP is a brick. The elite is a fixed CPAP with data, and the Autoset and Autoset For Her are where you want to be. Don't leave with an incomplete prescription because the DME will fill the prescription as cheaply as possible. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SoCalCpapGuy, I hope the machine does not disappoint.
It might need a slight bit of tweaking, but we shall see how you get on.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Just set it up at home... Looking pretty good so far... other than it seems that it doesn't take a normal SD Card... Oh well, gives me an excuse to do more investigating...

For anyone just about to get a machine, if the DME tells you you're not getting an AutoSet model, go back and make sure your doctor gave you the right prescription...  Takes a while, and puts your stress level through the roof, but eventually you get what you need...
Post Reply Post Reply
SoCalCpapGuy

Way to go, it can be work to get the right device.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The sd card slot is under the top rubber cover on the left hand side of the machine. Use your finger ale to ease open the cover from the front. If there is no card in the slot go and get one

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 04:55 PM)SoCalCpapGuy Wrote: Just set it up at home... Looking pretty good so far... other than it seems that it doesn't take a normal SD Card

The SD card is a normal one. As jaswilliams said, the card slot is at the left. You don't need to go overboard with the capacity and therefore the expense, because (just a quick guesstimate from my machine's files) the machine writes something under 3 megabytes per day. A 1-gig card should last a year. (Before being erased and re-used, I mean.)

The lowest price I've found recently for 1G cards is five for $25 on Amazon, 3rd-party seller but Amazon fulfillment and Prime-eligible.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally figured it out... there's a slot for the SD card on the top left, but the bottom left opens too, and it has some kind of slot - which I eventually figured out wasn't for an SD card... I checked the clinician's manual, and figured it out after you guys explained it to me...  The top door is hard to open... I just figured there wasn't a door there when I tried earlier...

I had a 4GB SD card sitting around, put it in and it reformatted it... The DME told me they don't provide cards any more, so I just used one of my old ones...  So it's now in there doing whatever it's supposed to do.    Big Grin  I've installed Sleepyhead on my Mac... so at some point I'll get to analyze everything.

(God, can't believe I'm this excited over an APAP machine - Hopefully I'll be just as excited in the morning after getting some sleep!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,788 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.