Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got my new Airfit P10... for her - fitting questions
Got my new Airfit P10... for her - fitting questions
The fitting kit came with XS, S and M. I tried S and it's definitely too small. I put the medium on and it seems like it might be too small. My nostrils are apparently a weird shape because there was a sliver open around the front edge. I laid down and put it on and fitted it and it didn't leak, but we'll see tonight, I guess.

IF it does end up being too small, what do I do? Ask the DME to send me the "for him" version? Ask for a single L size pillow to try? What if L is also too small?

Can anyone describe for me what the pillow should be doing when I fit it on? I've seen the videos and played with it, but I'm just not sure I'm getting it. Maybe the M is the right size and I'm just a dolt?

I might add that I'm a large woman... not heavy, but I'm 6 feet tall and I weight 160 lbs. That makes my BMI pretty good, but I'm not what anyone would call a typical size woman.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my new Airfit P10... for her - fitting questions
Hi kdmorris410,
You might try a large and see if that fits you better.
Good luck with the P10.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, around 3 am, the machine hit 13 pressure and the mask started whistling/shooting air/hissing. It was loud and disturbing, so I switched back to the Wisp (I had left it hanging on the hook so that I could just switch the whole head gear set. I called my DME today and they had to figure out if there was a larger nasal mask (I already know there is!!!) and then she wanted to just send me 5 of them. I told her that I was supposed to have 30 days to evaluate this and if I don't like it, I can get the wisp masks.

So my 30 day evaluation is up on 9/24, which pisses me off. They said they had sent it in the box with my new hose, but it wasn't there. I called them and it took them another 10 days to get me the headgear. It came yesterday and last night was the first time it was used (unsuccessfully). Now I have to wait another 7-10 days for the large nasal pillows... If I need to go back to the Wisp... I'm going to throw a screaming fit to get my new headgear for the Wisp....
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the P10 again all night last night - my large leak was 17%. I guess I should go back to the Wisp until my Large P10 pillow gets here...sigh
Post Reply Post Reply
Send a letter to your DME outlining the delays you list in your post above, requesting an extension in the trial period. I suspect the larger pillow size will work for you, but just in case, you don't want to be stuck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2015, 12:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Send a letter to your DME outlining the delays you list in your post above, requesting an extension in the trial period. I suspect the larger pillow size will work for you, but just in case, you don't want to be stuck.

Should I send it to the local one (local being 50 minutes away) or to the central office? I usually call them but they aren't really that helpful. When I called to ask about the mask and pillows I had to be pretty forceful that I did NOT get it with the new hose... They reacted as if I were stealing it.

Post Reply Post Reply
A suggestion: Resmed large pillow is available at Amazon for $17 shipped.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2015, 01:25 PM)AshSF Wrote: A suggestion: Resmed large pillow is available at Amazon for $17 shipped.

The only one available with Prime is 19.99 shipped. That's the only way to guarantee that it gets here before the 2 that are coming from Apria (for 2.24 shipped). The issue isn't that they won't send me the larges... they are sending me two of them.

The issue is that they shipped out the first one (but didn't actually ship it) on Aug 24 and they only give me 30 days to try it before I can say I hate it and go back to the Wisp... even though they didn't send the first one and the ACTUAL package took 10 days to get here because of Labor Day.

So, when I called them back Wednesday to say that the Medium was too small, she said that they will mail the Large pillow out and it should be here in 7-10 days. So, by Sept 21 - which gives me 3 days to evaluate it before I'm unable to get Wisp pillows instead.

I think I'm going to write a letter, like Sleeprider suggested, to allow me to prolong the evaluation period so that I'm not forced into keeping the P10 if I hate it (for the next 3 months, since I can order new Wisp mask parts then).

Post Reply Post Reply
The letter serves as documentation of the problem. Nothing wrong with a call as well. It's really just a matter of good faith, that when a company gives you a 30 day trial it should begin when you receive the goods or all the components that make it functional. Of course this is the medical industry...
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the Large pillow in the mail yesterday and it works very well. I did have some large leaks early in the morning between 5:20 and 5:40, but the rest of the night was leak free! AHI was 1.56, a little higher than it's been, but not a bad number.

I love how light this mask is and how quiet it is (not that it's not whistling leaked air out my nose!!) Hopefully it won't take long for my facial rash to clear up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 74 11 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,452 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,780 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 946 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.