Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got my own machine today..no more loaner
Got my own machine today..no more loaner
Can't wait to try it tonight. I got a Resmed S9 Elite. Hoping it will be quieter then the old model they gave me as a loaner. The new one has a memory card. I was hoping I could download and get my own info...but provider says she only knows of one person who could do that...and he was a computer tech. Has anyone here had any success with downloading their own info with this machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got my own machine today..no more loaner
The on-screen display will show your data. You can also use the official Rescan software, or the beta open source SleepyHead software. Both are free.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can either Google those two or look here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2012, 05:48 PM)kitley Wrote: Has anyone here had any success with downloading their own info with this machine?
If I can use it definitely everybody can. There is a tutorial for the ResScan and the software download comes with a helpful manual. You have to make sure that the sleep quality in the clinical menu is set ON (not usage) to shows efficacy data otherwise it just shows hours used.
Congrats The S9 is an awesome machine, did you get the climate line and the other option is the cleanable water tank which can be taken apart and easier to clean than the one piece tank.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys, thanks so much on the software info..I will look it up. Zonk...good to hear from someone who thinks this machine is good. I had the choice of three different ones, and after researching, thought this one was the best...as did my provider. As I am having a disagreement with my insurance coverage, I only got the basics for now. Even with the great amount the government covers, I still had to pay over $500.00 for my share. I will get the climate line if I need it, and did not order the cleanable water tank, but will when this one quits working. The girl says they usually only last a year or so. I was so excited when she told me about it. With the machine they lent me, that was the only complaint I had, was the crazy uncooperative water tank. I will have to contact my union rep regarding wether or not I have coverage...my benefit book says I do, but both the insurance company and Human Resorces say I do not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ouch.

If your deductible comes to $500, you may want to consider ordering a 'gently used' or 'open box' machine from Supplier #2.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you. It's the same machine that I use and works like a charm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2012, 09:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Ouch.

If your deductible comes to $500, you may want to consider ordering a 'gently used' or 'open box' machine from Supplier #2.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Thanks Paula...yes, I may do that for my next machine. The only thing is that my supplier provides so much...ie free classes, free maitenance checks, free travel letters, free download of memory card etc...so if I look at it that way, even if they charge more, at least I am receiving something for it...lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2012, 10:26 AM)Bompa Wrote: Good for you. It's the same machine that I use and works like a charm.

Hi Bompa...just two quick questions for someone with experience.
1....my machine came with a brick power pack and cord to plug into the back of the machine. It also came with just a regular electrical cord. The book says it is not compatable with the S9...what the heck would it be for? I wondered if it was heavy duty enough just for the Elite machine, if you did not use the humidifier?

2...my loaner machine came with a heated humidifier. The Elite humidifier does not seem to be heated, and I am understanding that rather it is the hose that is heated...if you invest in the Climate Hose...is that correct? Kinda hard to read between between the lines of the manual, and I also watched the video for my machine, on this forum.

Hey all...and guess what my readings were this morning after my wonderful first sleep last night with my new machine....a happy face for fit, 7.30 hrs of useage, and API of 0.1...yeah!!!!!! I am sooo excited that I can hardly wait to go to bed tonight...and had no nap today. Loved having no ramp now as well, and the EPR being used made me feel way calmer! Hoping it all stays this good!
Post Reply Post Reply
1 - no clue what the extra cord is for. The S9 series use a long cord with a 'brick' in the middle.

2- yes, the humidifier should heat. check the manual (and the clinician's manual) to figure out how to do it. I get confused as to which button to push and which to turn and which foot to hop on while doing both. Turn the big knob until the drop of water is illuminated. If it has the climateline attached, I think it isn't the water, but a thermometer. The climateline hose heats, yes.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 817 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,174 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 966 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.